Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh thought this was weird does anyone else do this for christmas

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM
  • 111 Replies

so every year since i can remember around 3 weeks or so before christmas my mom would have us go through all of our toys and clothes and donate what we dont wear or play with. she always sat  us down and told us you will be getting new things for christmas but there are children who dont get anything for christmas and it would be nice if we would share our toys with those in need. we ll now that my dd is 3 ( i did it the last two years she just didnt know) i sat her down and told her the same thing and she was all for it but then my DH told me it was weird. i let him know that they have a lot of toys that they no longer play with that are in great condition why is it so weird to give an unfortunate child/children gifts for the holidays. no they are not new but they are not broken either. they also accumulate tons of stuffed animals that i am donating to the children's hospital. does anyone else do anything like this. or am i alone

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Atkinson
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM

It's not weird.

tcchick2006
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM

i think its great you do that, and whats weird if your husband thinks its weird. we do that too

jaisgirl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM
I DO this with my children every year. Sometimes we know a family in need or we donate it to a local charity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ML

I think that is a great idea

LongBeachLiz

That's an amazing idea!  I think I'll start doing that.  My daughter is 7 and she needs to learn to give and not just take...

gummybearjunkie

I think that is wonderful and more parents should do that.

Jennygirl804
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:44 PM

We go through our stuff throughout the year and donate but I LOVE this idea! It is not weird at all it is beautiful and wonderful and we will be doing it every year from now on :) The only thing better than giving to those in need is giving to them this time of year, when those who don't have as much may be feeling a little extra slighted.

imamami05
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:45 PM
Yep we do that too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
We do that. We throw away the toys that are broken, and donate the ones that are in good condition. I usually go through their clothes in the spring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CailynsMom1229
I dont think its weird. I usually donate stuff around Christmas and her birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)