Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's play the "What's Wrong With My Baby" Game!!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM
  • 19 Replies

Seriously...Kairi is having trouble. I'm thinking upset tummy, gas, or something worse. Now before you go off on me for coming on CM and asking, just know DH IS calling the Pedi. We just can't take her in because we have no money for the co-pay and Dh doesn't get paid till next Friday. And we did change her formula once already for upset tummy and fussiness.

Anyhoo...

She'll be hungry, I give her her bottle. She'll drink an ounce or two and push the bottle out. I'll burp her and everything and she still acts hungry. Fist sucking, rooting...the works. I go to give her bottle back and she won't take it. She keeps pushing it out, while she's still "telling" me she's hungry. I try her paci. She doesn't want it. Then she'll start squalling. I put gas drops in her bottle, but she won't drink it. 

Any suggestions?

christmas_004.jpg Christmas Bobbles image by HarryandHisMione

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ffpm10
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:55 PM

do bicycle kicks with her legs, gently press all around her abdomen. Switch her formula back to her normal formula, try a warm bath. When was the last time she had a bowel movement?

cassiesarcher
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:56 PM

My son sometimes did that too due to gas in his tummy.  The gas drops did not work.  I would just rub his tummy, and his sides and eventually his belly would get nice and soft - and no more pain!  He would then eat normally again.  Hope you figure it out!

heavenly1462
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:56 PM
Maybe acid reflux? I hope you figure it out hun. Gl. Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeagynsMommy09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:57 PM
If you haven't already, try massaging her back around her diaper line. Lay her on her tummy on top of you and just rub her down. That is what we had to do with Deagyn when he was a gassy baby. I also massaged his tummy around the diaper line to help with his gas.
Amiebugs
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Love your title :)

I used to do this my my dd, she would get backed up and this helped.

Quoting ffpm10:

do bicycle kicks with her legs, gently press all around her abdomen. Switch her formula back to her normal formula, try a warm bath. When was the last time she had a bowel movement?

ffpm10
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM

thank you :) I figured not everyone would know it was meant.

PhiLLy-StyLe
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I agree with the bicycle kicks with her legs, it'll help push out any excess gas floating around in her belly.

Have you considered that she may not like the bottle and the way the nipple is shaped?  I was feeding with Ventaire bottles with my 2nd and she wouldn't use them.  I switched to Playtex drop-in nursers and she started feeding fine.  It could be something as simple as that.

Loveing_My_Life

My son when he was 3 months old. he was ffing. And the normal F we used made the lining of his tummy to bleed. so we had to switch him asap. The doc did x rays and u/s on his belly and it was just cause the F was too strong for him. But b4 i seen the blood in his poo He was so fussy and acting the same way

evamarie12984

could she be teething?

sweettigeress

I've done the bicycle kicks with her twice today and rubbed her belly. She squalled the whole time and tensed a lot so it was hard do the bicycle kicks. She pooped this morning. She goes at least once a day. As for switching her back to her other formula...that made her worse than she is now. That's why we switched.

Quoting ffpm10:

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)