Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please..

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

What are the guidlines for packing baby formula when your flying. I was told if the baby formula wasn't opened it was fine. I have seven cans of formula because I don't plan to come back till January 4th. Any info will help, thanks..

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
liz.1986
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:06 PM

BUMP!

5peasinapod07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I would call the airline just to be sure, when I flew with my little one a few years ago I had pumped 10 oz of breast milk so it would be easier to feed him on the plane (I had my other 2 boys with me alone) and they would not let me take it on the plane.  Nice right???

Bren07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:17 PM

i think its fine to just have it checked with ur bags but if u are wanting to take any ON the plane and get it thru the check points n crap go read the TSA guidelines-
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/formula.shtm

Bren07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:19 PM

the reason they wouldnt let u take it, from the TSA website-

When traveling with your infant or toddler, in the absence of suspicious activity or items, greater than 3 ounces of baby formula, breast milk, or juice are permitted through the security checkpoint in reasonable quantities for the duration of your itinerary, if you perform the following:

1. Separate these items from the liquids, gels, and aerosols in your quart-size and zip-top bag.
  2. Declare you have the items to one of our Security Officers at the security checkpoint.
  3. Present these items for additional inspection once reaching the X-ray. These items are subject to additional screening.
Quoting 5peasinapod07:

I would call the airline just to be sure, when I flew with my little one a few years ago I had pumped 10 oz of breast milk so it would be easier to feed him on the plane (I had my other 2 boys with me alone) and they would not let me take it on the plane.  Nice right???

HI! im a 21yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS and one on the way. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:31 PM

You can take the liquid in a bottle for a baby. Powder is fine also. 

RodeoGirlUSA1
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:37 PM
I would have been livid and put up a fight on that one. Pretty sure you have rights to bring breastmilk, they should know that!

Quoting 5peasinapod07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyprincess718
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:38 PM
Thanks ladies so I can make my baby a couple of bottles and I can take that through the check point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)