Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stay together for the kids

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: why are you together

Options:

for our kid(s)

we are togther because we are inlove

financial situation

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

why are you and ur SO together honeslty.... 

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5peasinapod07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I voted other because we do have kids but we did not get married because we had kids, yes we are involved with each other and everything that comes with marriage and kids, financial reasons not so much to be honest financialy we would probably be a bit better off seperate than we are together only because I would be back home where I would have help with the kids and be able to work.  But we are together because we are in love with each other.

NevaehsMomy1013
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM

BUMP!

MelissasMommy08
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:16 PM
Depends on what day you ask!! No really it's for love!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:21 PM

BUMP!

mstevens10
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM
We love eachothr... Now sometimes we don't like eachother lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialrevolver
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I financially have to live with my ex sometimes (he comes back and forth when he cant find free place to stay, and we are still tied financially right now while i'm looking for a job, its a PITA when he is here. But DD does like the extra time she gets iwth her dad who she doesnt see as often when he lives else where.  But we wouldnt/didnt stay married just for financial or just  for DD, i'd like my duaghter to grow up and be proud that i had enough self-respect to kick his lying/cheating ass to the curb.

We did get married when i was pregnant, but it was NOT because of that, we already were planing our wedding and moved it up a year to do it before DD (though things would be so different if we had waited i think)

And my current SO, madly in love for sure :D

JMKristy
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:16 AM

LOL!! This!

Quoting MelissasMommy08:

Depends on what day you ask!! No really it's for love!!

lovealot0587
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:23 AM
I'm with my SO bc I love him.. We have our days but who doesn't. Our kids just make our relationship better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvualready21
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:34 AM

We are together because we are in love. Coming from a divorced family, i feel that if you cnat get along 90% of the time you shouldnt stay together just for kids. it does more harm than good. my parents tried to make it work for way too long and instead took their fights out on my sis and myself. and we had to watch all their fighting. the divorce was a relief. stay civil for your kids but never have your only reason for being with the person be your kids

CafeMom Tickers
Alikins
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Because we love each other. Everyone pushed us to get married when I got pregnant and we just weren't ready (I know, I know, ready for a baby, but not marriage?). The way we see is that we'll get married for love, regardless of our daughter, not because of her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)