Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is he cheating?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:41 PM
  • 21 Replies

Jim and his wife, Kim, have been married for 9 years, not including their 2 years of dating. Jim started a new job and had to move and live away from Kim and his children for over a year, finally his family was able to join him.

Jim works with all men, except for one female, the secretary, Penny.  Jim works a job that has him pretty much connected to his blackberry everyday (yes including his days off) for long periods of time (sometimes into the wee hrs of the morning). This phone activity is mostly legit, setting up meetings with clients, telling his guys what they need to be doing, work stuff.

But, once in a while Kim notices that Penny is contacting Jim. Sometimes it's business related like to check time sheets and what not. But, sometimes it's a personal phone call between Jim and Penny. For instance, onetime Penny called Jim to see if he could pick her up a drink on his way into the office. When Kim asked Jim why Penny was asking HIM for a favor, he blew it off and said he didn't know. 

The funny thing is the WHOLE time that Kim and Jim were apart, Jim didn't really mention Penny, and if he did he made her seem just like some lady that works in the office. Well, Kim soon found out that Penny is a 21 year old,  hottie, that barely covers up her tits, that works in the office. Not only that but she quite frequently hangs with the guys after work...

So Kim isn't sure what to think about all of this... She wants to trust that her husband would be loyal, loving and respectful. He swears up and down that he is and he shows no real reason for Kim to not trust him. But, on the other hand Kim has noticed some odd goings on.

Like onetime, on a Sunday, Jim said that he had to run to the office to grab some stuff that he would need the next morning at a job site. Well, instead of just staying home with the kids Kim thought it'd be fun to stop by the office and then they could all go out and have some fun as a family. So Kim and Jim loaded up the kids and ran into town. Not two seconds after they pulled up to the office, Penny rolls up. Kim wasn't sure if Penny seemed surprised to see her, but she didn't stay long and didn't say one word to Jim. Kim thought is was wierd that they both showed up to the office on a Sunday but didn't say anything to Jim and she blew it off as a coincedence.

Then for their company Halloween party Jim and Kim were having a good time drinking with all the coworkers. Then Penny showed up with literally a foot worth of material trying to cover her girly parts and she was wearing 5 inch heels. Kim knew it was Halloween but thought it a bit extreme to do whole hooker get up at a company party...

Then on his day off Jim gets an 'emergency' call and says he has to be at the site and probably won't be back until later in the night. Then he calls Kim like two hours later and says he's on his way home, and that he's just been at the office because the place he had to go for the 'emergency' was closed already. Kim asked him "so you've been sitting at the office for the past two hours? why not just come home" and Jim said "I got busy"

So my question is do you think Kim has any reason to be suspicious of Jim cheating or is she just crazy? She doesn't want to seem like she's not confident in her marriage, but she also doesn't want to be played.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaTashy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:45 PM
no i do not think so . It sounds like Kim is insecure and a little jealous of Penny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianav
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:45 PM
Kim needs to listen to her womans intuition and keep her eyes OPEN...wide open.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shay4Queen
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Wow. Not gonna sugar coat it.. but sounds to me like Jim and Penny got a little something something on the side.

mscooper23
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:47 PM
I don't know. I wouldn't like a 21 year old or a 41 year old working with my husband when she showing off her tits with her clothing. I just think its disrespectful when ur working with married men to dress in certain ways. Idk about the cheating I wouldn't jump to conclusions but its a little strange I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:47 PM

In my experience if Kim is suspicious and has a gut feeling that something is off it probably is. My guy is never wrong.

Shay4Queen
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Are you serious? lol.

Quoting MommaTashy:

no i do not think so . It sounds like Kim is insecure and a little jealous of Penny.

heavenly1462
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM
Yes,I think she has very valid reasons for suspecting Jim of cheating IMO. People who have nothing to hide,hide nothing and he seems to be very secretive...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyboy117
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:52 PM

ehh.. it's possible. But I don't think so. Kim should do alittle more investigating if she really feels like something is going on.

URMySunshine07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Yep!

Quoting Brianav:

Kim needs to listen to her womans intuition and keep her eyes OPEN...wide open.

holding ornaments Sunshine's Mom santa blue

MelissasMommy08
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Quoting furbabymum:

In my experience if Kim is suspicious and has a gut feeling that something is off it probably is. My guy is never wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)