Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

does anybodys kid have that remote control helicopter from mall kiosk?

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

I hate going to the mall this time of year and i aviod it at all costs, but since it was dds birthday and we were getting pictures done, i decided to let them see santa and finish some last minute stuff.

well im a gift short for my son and the one i want to get him i cant seem to find, its sold out, so it looks like hell get it for his birthday. But anyway i was looking for another gift for him, there was a cluster of those kiosk carts in the middle of the mall, so i was looking at the calandars and heard this buzzing lol so i look up, and there is a helicopter buzzing around and t had flashing lites, the guy did it on purpose i swear cause he saw my 4 year old looking at the thing earlier lol, so he got all excited and i went over to take a closer look, the guy asked how old ds was i said 4 and asked how much for the helicopter, he aid its usually 50.00 but he would sell it to me for 30.00 i told him id think about it, son has been talking about it non stop. dad was here and asked him what he wanted he told my dad he wants that, i know those kisoks ted to be over priced junk. i need a gift for him and am runnig out of time so I am wondering if anybodies kid has it and has it lasted? is it worth the money? i dont mind paying the money providing it doesnt get busted the first week lol, dad offered to pick it up for me today.

by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mandajoward
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I bought one of these for my dad, because he said he wanted something fun, and he's sort of a nut for toys and especially airplanes and flying stuff lol. The guy at the kiosk first of all was lying to you. If he was selling one of the regular ol' Simon [sp?] brand helicopters they sell them at Academy and at Radioshack for $30 so he wasn't going to cut you any kind of deal. Secondly, they have really good reviews online, and the videos I've seen of them show that they're easy to operate and the controls are great. They're supposed to be made of HARD plastic and metal alloys. That's why we bought my dad that one. But keep in mind, it's only approved for use indoors. The kind you fly outside are MUCH more expensive because they have to be much more durable. Anyway, just a little FYI. We haven't gotten this one out and played with it yet, but I think my dad will love it [he's a giant kid] :)

Amber_S
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 2:43 PM

My husband has one. It was the 50 dollar smaller one. It's kind of hard to learn how to control it, but after awhile you get the hang of it. And it is pretty durable. My husband has crashed it into the ceiling fan, the walls, counters, and had it fall from the ceiling, and it's still going. But I'm not sure if a 4 year old could figure out how to fly it, my son is 4 and usually can't get it off the ground unless DH is holding the remote and helping him.

MomTo3Little1s
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 2:52 PM
I bought one black friday midnight special 15 dollars...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ellie33338
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Hi there,

I detest the mall as well, and those little helicopters are cool, but I think you should check out this link, very informative, and you can purchase directly from this web site.

https://www.massiverc.com/before-your-first-purchase.html

Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

My kids have some. They love them and get good use out of them.

LilMamaK
by Kaht on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I got the same one from those kiosks on Amazon for my DH. (Don't ask, he's a giant kid!) and it was only 20$ with FREE shipping because it's the Holiday! Look on Amazon.

*~*Wifey To Tommy(2.4.11), Mommy to Allyana(7.5.08), StepMom to Aidan(6.5.07), & Our Angel Baby Jovanny(3.6.10)*~*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN