Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Pregnant 8 year old?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:11 PM
  • 67 Replies
I'm not even sure if this was true I tried to google it and couldn't find it but according to DH's cousin he said he had heard there was a 8 year old girl who got pregnant I guess she was molested by her cousin he thought and he said the mom was making the 8 year old keep the baby. I guess it was on the news or something I'm NOT trying to start drama I'd like to keep this drama free please but what are your thoughts about the mom making her keep it I realize she's to young to decide and I'm 100% against abortion but don't judge those who do it. But at the same time how is a 8 year old physically able to carry or deliver a child? And wow I can't believe a 8 year old can even get pregnant. Hopefully this all makes sense I'm on my phone so no spell check and I can't go back and read it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommavieve
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I've never even heard of an 8 year old getting a period, but I suppose anything is true. I don't think an 8 year old is physically capable of carrying a child to term and be healthy and I would never force someone to go through a pregnancy that resulted from a rape. 

Frantic4Mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:14 PM

It was Jipsies (sp) in Romania. It was an arranged marrige to a 9 year old or something. And she got pregnant, and had the baby.. Its crazy. My husband told me about it the other day. Just makes me sick..

MIMIBRIE
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:16 PM

DD is 8 and there would be no way I would let her have a child that young. Being raped is enough to deal with and a child would be a constant reminder of that even happening...

Bren07
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:16 PM

i havent heard anything but there was a girl in like peru or something like that a long time ago that got pregnant that young (5yrs old actually)..they thought it was a tumor till she was examined and the doc realized it was a baby. you can read about it here-
http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp
so its possible an 8yr old got pregnant...i personally would kill anyone who touched my kid at that young age. but i would not force her to have a baby. it dangerous. i am not really for abortion but in cases where the pregnancy could kill the mother, a child, i would do it..

Anthonys_mommy1
by Tara on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:17 PM
The youngest mother on record is like 5. her father was molesting her and wound up in jail
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I just found this on Snopes. The youngest mother ever, was FIVE!!!

momofone725
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:17 PM

http://www.oddee.com/item_90966.aspx theres the worlds youngest mother. pregnant at age 5

august_baby_09
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:18 PM
I never heard of a girl that young getting her period either at first I thought he was making it up. But he swears he seen it on the news or something.

Quoting Mommavieve:

I've never even heard of an 8 year old getting a period, but I suppose anything is true. I don't think an 8 year old is physically capable of carrying a child to term and be healthy and I would never force someone to go through a pregnancy that resulted from a rape. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Oh. Like 8 other people posted this before I did. Oops.

Quoting Mommavieve:

I just found this on Snopes. The youngest mother ever, was FIVE!!!

TamikaJovan
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:19 PM

It was not the father. They thought it was. Butt yes the 8 year old gave birth in Peru, her mom is suppose to be in her 20's and she thought this was a great thing, and did not see nothing wrong with it. From what I read when the story aired they said the baby was for her 13 year old cousin.

Quoting Anthonys_mommy1:

The youngest mother on record is like 5. her father was molesting her and wound up in jail

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN