Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sisters baby died ~~update in blue~~

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:01 AM
  • 73 Replies

My sister, who is 8 and a half months pregnant, went to the hospital today because she wasnt feeling the baby move. They looked for his heart beat and did a sonogram and he is dead. now she is on an iv and trying to birth this baby, what do you say, i went to the hospital and i wanted to stay but i have a two year old and forgot to bring her medican. my family is all upset because i didnt stay. what would u do.... what do u say

update: tomorrow is my nephews funeral. we did have an autopsy done but it does take time to get the results back. my sister has a feeling that it may have had something to do with the meds she was taking for a uti. Macrobid. please do not take this i have read that other women have lost babies in the same way she did!!!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarcsWife05
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:04 AM

I'm so sorry for her loss. I lost my daughter in November when I was 39 weeks. I know how hard it is. My family wasn't able to stay with me because of other things they were dealing with and I wasn't really concerned. Honestly, after I lost my daughter I really just wanted to be alone more than anything.

sweetc2324
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 AM

honestly in my opinion there is not really anything that you can say to make this any better or easier for her or your family.. and Honestly, your family needs to understand that you have a 2 yr. old that you ahve to care for and take care of.. i mean there isn't anything that you can do at the hospital with a 2 yr. old.. or just in general in this situation.. I am very sorry to hear that this happened.. and you all will be in myprayers..

KBix
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:08 AM
I'm so sorry for your family's loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darlula
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:10 AM
I`m so sorry for your family`s loss, and I don`t think it was bad that you left, you have to take care of your kid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Murray27
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:10 AM

I'm sorry for your sister's loss!! :( She and your family will be in my prayers...I can see that your family is stressed out and its tough to know exactly how to handle that situation, nobody would. Just do your best to be there for her, I'm sure you're the last thing she's worried about right now (not in a bad way) but yes you do have a 2 year old, who doesn't know what's going on so it would be a different story if DD was a little older and would be content with sitting there for hours with things to keep her occupied. Having a 2 yr old there might add extra stress. Do what you feel is right sweetie, you will make the right choice. Again, my condolences...*hugs*

.stella.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:12 AM

I'd maybe send her flowers or something. Just so she knows even though you aren't there, she's still in your thoughts.

504bbymami
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:12 AM
Omg I'm so so sorry! There's nothing anyone can say. Just be as supportive as you can but make sure u and your lil one are taken care of

Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexsi1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:49 AM

I am so sorry.  

CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:01 AM
I am so sorry. Theres nithing to say I guess. That is really terrible and unfair. Did they say why it happened?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snb8604
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Im so sorry for your sisters loss! That is so sad! A friend of mine at work just went through this as well back in October. She was 38 weeks and she wasnt feeling the baby move so she came to the hospital and was rushed to OB. The baby was dead. Unfortunately the baby created a knot in the umbilical cord that cut off oxygen and food supply. There was nothing they could do. She had to deliver her and all. We were all devistated for her, it broke our hearts.

Im extremely sorry for this loss! Your family is just stressed. There is nothing you can do to change the situation. I personally think your sister is gonna wanna be alone anyways.

im sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)