Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do? PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:53 AM
  • 7 Replies

So my bf is having surgery tomorrow. He needs his tonsils/adnoids out, they are shortening the dangling thing in the back of his throat, and are repairing a partially collapsed septum from an injury he sustained boxing. My son has been sick with the flu and I can't risk infecting my bf. I actually feel like I might be fighting something off, but am hoping that I'm just tired from stress. The absolute earliest I can see him is Saturday. I'm planning on buying a Get Well Soon card and having my whole family sign it. Any thoughts on other cute things I can do to let him know I'm thinking about him? I'm trying not to go too over the top since V-Day is coming up and I still have to figure out something to do for that. I'll take thoughts on either!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
littlemissmj
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:12 AM

I really think the card will be enough. He's going to be on pain medication and probably isn't going to be in the right frame of mind to care. Maybe if you have the time you can come over and baby him (you know, flush his pillow, make him soup) that'll be much better than anything that you can buy him.

PhantomsFairie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:32 AM

I know it's the little things. His mom is going to be helping him. I think I'm just bummed I can't be there for him.

Meghan1987
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:36 AM
Does he have a favorite pillow he uses? If so take him that. Or if he has a favorite magazine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AugustMidge
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Quoting littlemissmj:

I really think the card will be enough. He's going to be on pain medication and probably isn't going to be in the right frame of mind to care. Maybe if you have the time you can come over and baby him (you know, flush his pillow, make him soup) that'll be much better than anything that you can buy him.

I agree, besides its the simple things that mean the most.

mommyinindiana
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:19 AM
Send him a text now and then so he knows your thinking about him. That way he can reply without having to talk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Murray27
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM

The card and maybe some homemade jello :) 

PhantomsFairie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Thanks for the ideas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)