Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think it was wrong of me..?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM
  • 31 Replies
To keep my 3 yr old DD home from headstart bc she is tired? She gets a dry barky cough at night and didnt sleep at all last night. I mean shes only 3..but shes not sick just tired.. I dunno i just feel kind of guilty i guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:48 AM

i dunno. i usually send my kid to school if she's not sick. but if she's so tired that she can't function then you probably made the right choice.

DeagynsMommy09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM
Well, personally, when my son starts school, the only time I will allow him to miss school is when he is sick. Growing up, my parents never let us stay home because we were tired. Now, my cousin allows her 3 kids to skip school whenever they want if they are tired...because she allows them to stay up until midnight or later-and they are all under the age of 10. When the oldest started kindergarten a few years back, she was late by 15-20mins *every* single day she attended, and in the first sememster of school, she missed about 10 days because she was "too tired" to go. It's a lousy excuse to use for them to miss school, and shows the child after many times of doing so that their education is not important. If you are already feeling guilty, then just remember to not allow her to miss anymore after this, unless of course, she is really sick.
kenzsmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM
I agree and was raised the same way of always going to school. But she is STILL sleeping i think i did the right thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleybgarcia
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:58 AM
She's in preschool. She's three not 12.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UG0tN0tin0nM3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM

I agree ↓

Quoting momma-flynn:

i dunno. i usually send my kid to school if she's not sick. but if she's so tired that she can't function then you probably made the right choice.

aamommy2011
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:18 AM

eh. so she missed out on coloring and snacks. not like she had a 10 page thesis to turn in stating the correlation between wild dogs and domestic dogs...... (dont ask, just popped in my head)

northernmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM

i've done it with my boys. our head start actually appreciates it. they would much rather have them stay home and get rest instead of be crabby and disruptive in class

sweettigeress
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Nope. 

Rain2Rinse
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 AM
We have rulea and schedules and we try not to deviate from them. My little one is 4 not 12 but I don't see why I should set a precedence. Being tired is not going to be an acceptble reason to skip out on school in the future. "Mommy and daddy and Fiance have to go to work when tired and so you must go to school."

Still, to each her own. Only you know if you did the right thing for your child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kool_Aide
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:28 AM

I don't agree with it. I personally would have sent my child. Everyone has an off day. I am tired some days but I don't get to stay home because of it. I know she's only 3 but your opening a door that says "it worked this time, maybe it will work again and again and again". Kids are smart. I just feel like school should never be skipped if your not sick. Teaching her early could give you an advantage in the future in elementary. That's just my opinion though. And, that's what works for me.

I have 4 kids and life can be crazy if I don't stick with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)