Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thats not my name!!!pet peeve of the morning

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM
  • 25 Replies
I hate when people call me Mandy..I mean when I was a kid and teen even but after becoming a adult I prefer to be called Amanda.hubby just called me it....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM

lol my name is greta & i get called gretchen all the time. it's not my name!!!!  

ashleybgarcia
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM
People, especially family call my son Alex. Never once have I ever referred to him as Alex. It's Alexander. That's why I named him that. I'm there with you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda7271986
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM
My daughters name is Amelia,family TRY to call her mya or melia...I can't stand it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciemae3215
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM

My kids names are Jacob Elijah and Hannah... not Eli Jake and Hannah... though we do cal Hannah B. it really cheezes my hubby off... he thinks that if we wanted to name them eli and jake we would have. it doesn't bother me when others do it (like it does him) but i only call them Jacob and Elijah

kirstensmommie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM

My sister always calls my DD Beth, I did not name her Beth I named her Bethany, damn it!

Kool_Aide
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM

My name is Stephanie and I don't mind Steph. But, if you call me Stephy I will shoot a baby!!!

It seems like people with shorten anything. My oldests name is Ryan and he gets called Ry. And my 6 year old is Justin and I have family that call him just J or J-Man. It doesn't bother me just kind of funny I guess.

kyleighsmama07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM

my real name is Jennifer but I like being called Jen or Jenny. My neice's name is Allyson and they always call her Ally..Everyone!!! my parents, her parents, the school everyone! it's like you named her allyson not ally

kjbennett26
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I go by Katie but a few people call me Kate.  No my kids are a whole other story.  Andrew is Andrew...period.  I hate Andy and Drew is even worse.  MaKayla is never called by her name and Christopher is Christopher.  He was named after my brother and he goes by Chris so it gets confusing if we call our baby Chris.

Country_Mama08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:23 AM
My name is amanda an the only person that calls me mandy is my father n law. Some people use to call manda. It dont bother me. My hubby calls me baby or amanda. Most the time its baby. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rileysmomma614
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:25 AM

LOL mine is just the opposite. my name is beth and people want to call me bethany or elizabeth. i'm like uh, no, it's just beth. lol

Quoting kirstensmommie:

My sister always calls my DD Beth, I did not name her Beth I named her Bethany, damn it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)