Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

/sigh...I don't think it's ever gonna end. piog

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM
  • 12 Replies

Some of you already know that my dd has cerebral palsy...She's 4.

Her therapist and I have been talking for the last week about her muscle tone...it's getting really tight, tight enough that she doesn't have much control over her legs or arms. Which means she can't really learn to walk.

Her therapist told me yesterday that she talked to DD's dr....The dr wants to talk about putting a pump in DD that will have a cathater to her spinal cord to deliver meds that will help her muscle tone....There is a screening test that we would have to do first as well where they numb her back and insert a dose of the meds into her spinal cord much like an epidural. :-(

my DD has already been through SOOOOO much...she gets injections every few months for her legs already and if we do this surgery it would be #6.

I hate having to make these decisions.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:01 AM

=( i cant even imagine. i'm sure there are groups on here with kids/toddlers with CP... have you joined? maybe someone else has been through that experience? i think i would list the pros and cons and go from there, but then again- i've never been in your situation. although DS did have surgery twice and that was frightening for me!

sweettigeress
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM

this made me want to cry. I'm so sorry mama. 

mom2twins9909
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM

hugs

Christine, I'm sorry. I know it's hard on you and DH. I hope something works out where she doesn't have to do surgery again.

oneluckymom22
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Yea...it pretty much sucks.

The only thing that may prevent surgery, at least for the time being, are injections in her legs every 3 months.

Our options right now SUCK! :-(

Quoting mom2twins9909:

hugs

Christine, I'm sorry. I know it's hard on you and DH. I hope something works out where she doesn't have to do surgery again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oneluckymom22
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM
I'm an admin in one...it's not very active

Quoting Shy_Dia:

=( i cant even imagine. i'm sure there are groups on here with kids/toddlers with CP... have you joined? maybe someone else has been through that experience? i think i would list the pros and cons and go from there, but then again- i've never been in your situation. although DS did have surgery twice and that was frightening for me!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hugs, Christine.  I hate that you al have to go through this!

Mrs.Murray27
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:20 AM

First I want to say I am in tears, I am very sorry for what your sweet DD is going through, and the pressure it is putting on you because you don't want to see her suffer. I really have no words, but I just want to let you know that you are strong, I can see that, you've brought her this far, and God will bless you. I will keep you in my prayers sweetie!! ****lots and lots of hugs****

oneluckymom22
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Thanks again ladies...

Charli627
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM
I'm sorry. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MegStorey
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM

hugs 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)