Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to clean a fry daddy/deep fryer?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM
  • 9 Replies
Im making dd n I lunch..chicky nuggets n ff :)...and its for sure oil changin time. But I think I threw out the directions. Its like a small little fry daddy. Can u put water in it to clean it? Ive only used it like..idk but not much since we got it for christmas. N hubby was just adding oil to it cause it like goes down. But I just want to clean it....any ideas on how ladies?!

And yes blah blah blah im a terrible mom I feed dd and unborn dd fried food. God my childs fat and unhealthy! Just thought id.put it out there. :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CheyennesMommy2
by Jess on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NavyMommy2011
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM
We just got one yesterday and fried chicken nuggets and ff are amazing!!! Haha we threw out the directions but I think you just get rid of the oil and clean it out with soap and water. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM
I do. Don't know if you are supposed to, but I soft scrub mine and everything. That's how my mom always did hers and she's had it for 15+ years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:14 AM

http://www.gopresto.com/downloads/instructions/05420.pdf

Care and Cleaning

1.  Remove plug from wall outlet and then from deep fryer. Then, allow oil and fryer to cool completely in a safe place.

2.  After unit and oil have cooled completely, empty cooking oil, or cover unit with storage lid.

3.  Wash unit and scoop with warm water and mild detergent, rinse, and dry thoroughly. Never immerse unit in water or other 

liquid, or wash in dishwasher.

4.  Do not use steel wool scouring pads or abrasive kitchen cleaners on the nonstick finish.

5.  occasionally clean the interior of unit with a commercial cleanser designed for nonstick surfaces, such as dip-it®

destainer*. Follow 

manufacturer’s directions.

6. Store the cord in a clean, dry location away from metal objects. Always check the magnetic plug before use to assure metal items 

have not become attached.

CheyennesMommy2
by Jess on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Thanks! Its small so the oil looks dirty n that fresks me out lol. Def gonna clean it out tho... Yes chicky nuggts n ff r amazing..i like to eat it here better than fast food it tastes better I think!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by Jess on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:15 AM
Awesome thank u!

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

http://www.gopresto.com/downloads/instructions/05420.pdf

Care and Cleaning

1.  Remove plug from wall outlet and then from deep fryer. Then, allow oil and fryer to cool completely in a safe place.

2.  After unit and oil have cooled completely, empty cooking oil, or cover unit with storage lid.

3.  Wash unit and scoop with warm water and mild detergent, rinse, and dry thoroughly. Never immerse unit in water or other 

liquid, or wash in dishwasher.

4.  Do not use steel wool scouring pads or abrasive kitchen cleaners on the nonstick finish.

5.  occasionally clean the interior of unit with a commercial cleanser designed for nonstick surfaces, such as dip-it®

destainer*. Follow 

manufacturer’s directions.

6. Store the cord in a clean, dry location away from metal objects. Always check the magnetic plug before use to assure metal items 

have not become attached.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLove8703
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I have the same one you can not submerge it in water you get a wet rag and some saop clean it out real good with then you rise your rag out and you ripe it out til you got all the soap gone then just dry it and refill the oil

steffiecox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM

you can clean it with soap and water

CheyennesMommy2
by Jess on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM
I had to fill it with water n soap n soak it. Its not as clean as I wanted im gonna scrub it towmorrow again lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)