Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep with a newborn

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM
  • 7 Replies

Could you ladies share your experiences with your babies sleep habits in the first few months of life? 

I have a one month old and he will only sleep on my and my husband, which can get dangerous at night if one of us drifts off. Is that pretty common at the beginning?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
zombie_cupcake
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM

my son slept on my chest for the first 6 months at some point or another every night.

Gastromama2007
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM
I never co-slept or let my children sleep on me or with me because I was always afraid of smothering the baby. Both mine came home sleeping in a bassinette...but here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeremmy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Yep, its much more comfortable to sleep warm, next to a heartbeat, and on the stomach. Thats why there was such a high incidence of sids forever ago. Mothers know that babies prefer sleeping on their stomachs.....My son had colic, so he didnt sleep well during the night for the first 3 months or so. He would sleep for about 3 hour increments. I was very sick after I had him so he would start in his bassinet next to the bed, than be moved between us after his first feeding. Once dh left for work I would put him on that side of the bed. He started sleeping for about 8 hours at night once he was about 3 months old in his own crib. He was moved to his bassinet only at about 2 weeks, and crib only at about 2 months.

wildsun
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Mine coslept, SO is a very light sleeper and would sometimes wake me up if DS was awake and I didn't realize, but I was always very aware of his position when asleep and never worried about rolling on him. 

AlyDezEli1422
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM
My first son was like that and he slept in my bed til he was almost two. I got pregnant again so he sleeps in his crib. My baby is two months now and he sleeps in my bed or his bassinet. He's usually down for the night at 11pm, wakes at 4am to eat, then back to sleep til sometimes 9am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovetwins731
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM
I swaddled my twins in receiving blankets & purchased those bears from target that plays the heart beat sound so they would think I was there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelbabii407
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM
For the first few months my son loved to sleep on boobs. But he could also sleep in his swing or bassinet/crib, anywhere really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)