Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hole s**t!!!! I hate that feeling!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM
  • 21 Replies
I go in the kitchen to make lunch, not 2 minuets later my son(almost2) comes in there choking. He was NOT breathing...I panic I try to look down his throat and see if I had idk grab whatever it is that he's choking on,then he starts puking,or at least trying...he then pukes out a freaking quarter!!!!!! Omg I didn't know what to do I held him and cryed for a good 5min. I hate the feeling of not knowing what to do!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mtsmom1986
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Time to go take a CPR and first aid class mama. Glad he's ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Awww I'm so sorry mama I'm afraid of that myself. My little one isn't mobile yet so I'm okay with that for now at least he is okay now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuJu389
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Omg sorry that you went through that but glad to hear he is ok. I know what you mean about that idk what to do feeling. It sucks big time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof4kids9621
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM
YES!!!

Quoting mtsmom1986:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaineysMomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I know that's scary and you didn't know what to do! I'm totally Not bashing you but trying to educate you  because I am a nurse if that ever happens again Never do a blind finger sweep you can push whatever it is father down! Instead if you can't see what it is in his mouth to try to get it out safely, pick him up turn him over so his belly is on your forearm, chin/head down in your hand and give him a good slap downwards on his back with the PALM of your hand (toward his head) this is the same as giving the heimlich to an adult it will knock loose whatever is there hopefully Then look and see if you can see what it is again IF you can see it you can try to get it out of his mouth. So glad your son is okay I Know that is so traumatizing to you and your baby...believe me I've been there...hug him extra close momma!

http://firstaid.webmd.com/tc/choking-rescue-procedure-heimlich-maneuver-baby-younger-than-1-year

LaineysMomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Quoting mtsmom1986:

You're local Redcross or health department probably offers one for free!

Momof4kids9621
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM
No not a bash thank you for telling me,hopefully I never have to take your advice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I'm glad he's ok, I hate those feelings too.

LadyEmrys
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM

oh scary. we live with FIL, he was a paramedic for 10 years. i take my cues from him. if he is worried about the baby then i am. if he thinks its time to help tristan clear his throat, then its time. i should really look into fist aid too...

2_boys_1_girl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Also when you are doing the back slap with them on their stomach you need to pinch their cheeks so their mouth is open, and they need to be at a 45 degree angle with thier head closest to the floor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)