Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Romance help....

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

He mommas!  I need some help.  I want to do something special for DH for Valentines day.  He is going through a lot right now with his job, being laid off soon, not finding work, etc.  He has been SO down lately, and it breaks my heart!  I want him to know how much he means to me and how I know everything is going to work out.  Do you have an suggestions? I'm not the greatest with this sort of thing!  

I think I'm going to bake him a pumpkin cake or carrot cake.  He loves pumpkin.  I might do the carrot cake though. It is his favorite cake, but I never make it.  I HATE carrot cake.  So, I think he would be touched I made him something JUST for him.  :P  

Anything else you can think of?  If I had money I would buy some cute lengerie, but we're broke right now. lol  So, any other ideas in the bedroom department?  haha

I wish I was more creative with this sort of thing.  I might try and make a nice card or something.  We have a Microsoft movie maker thing, but I don't know how to use it!  I thought it might be cute to make him a slide show with music.  He has made them for me before.  Maybe I'll try to check it out one of these days.  It's on HIS computer though, and after the baby goes to bed he is usually on it.  Maybe my mom will come watch her while he is at work Sat, so I can give it a shot.  

Thanks ladies!  I just want him to know how much he means to me and Caitlin.  He is my world and it hurts to see him upset and depressed.  

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kleigh24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM

make his favorite dinner for him maybe add some candles, watch a  movie together and maybe you can give him a nice back/shoulder massage

christinabri
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I like that idea!  I'll have to pick up some things when I go shopping Saturday.  

Quoting kleigh24:

make his favorite dinner for him maybe add some candles, watch a  movie together and maybe you can give him a nice back/shoulder massage

christinabri
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Anyone know of something I can make with my 11 month old for him?  hmmmmm...

arwencale
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM

put your lo handds prints on something for dh. like a shirt or a card that yoiu make

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)