Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a boy..

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM
  • 19 Replies

At what age did you potty train him, and how did you go about doing? I need some tips, because it is almost that time for my son, and all of my friends have girls!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttc_number2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM

my son is two and screams like im killing him if i put him on the potty.

I give up hes not ready. im interested in reading these tips though

2_boys_1_girl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I tried and tried and tried and even though he is wearing big boy underwear he still pees in them, so IDK and heres a BUMP! He is 3 will be 4 in Aug.

kleigh24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

he was pooping in the toilet before he was 2.5 it took us awhile to get him to pee in the potty, he was fulled trained like 2 months before he turned 3 

Momof4kids9621
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM
I'll keep an eye on this post cuz my son is almost 2 and I think he's close too,lol all his older siblings are girls lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gastromama2007
My son was 3 when he was fully potty trained
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2_boys_1_girl

But he does poop and sometimes pee on the toilet, I started with the prize method and then as soon as I took the prize he stopped, I tried every method you could think of and everytime he would stop after a week or so, this time he decided that he didn't want a diaper anymore, and he was going to be a big boy, I also had to get one of the soft seats that you put on the toilet, so they won't fall in for him to go poop on the toilet.

KBix
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM
Mine was 3. It didn't click with him until then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayhoff
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:17 PM

My son started when he was 2, didnt become fully potty trained til he was 3. I would take him to the big boy potty (i didnt buy a potty chair, just used our toiled, with a seat filler) and would give him a high five and a sticker if he went

ikesmommy200
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:17 PM
18-19 months. He was ready so he did most of it on his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lys20613
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:18 PM
My son is 3 and a half and just decided that he was ready. We forced the issue but it beer stuck till one day I was out with him and ran out of diapers I told him well we don't have anymore. . . Ta da! !! Potty was his new best friend :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)