Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you meet...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM
  • 85 Replies

...your SO or DH?

I just moved to a new area and I'm having trouble meeting people and I'm kinda ready to start dating again, so I'm looking for ideas hehe.

Plus I enjoy cute stories that remind me that other people are happy so it'll eventually happen to me too!

So spill, ladies!!!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tayhoff
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM

My friends took the liberty of signing me up for a dating site. When they told me what they did a month later, I went on and looked and had a message from him. I had just moved to a new area, and he is airforce and just got stationed there too. We hit it off right away

mom2twins9909
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Myspace

cnoble927
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:26 PM

internet

eatyourveges
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I signed up for online dating, but I don't have internet at home yet (it's on my to-do list but I don't use it often so I'm trying to save money where I can haha) and it's blocked at work!! So I can only check it every other weekend while I'm visiting my parents haha

Quoting tayhoff:

My friends took the liberty of signing me up for a dating site. When they told me what they did a month later, I went on and looked and had a message from him. I had just moved to a new area, and he is airforce and just got stationed there too. We hit it off right away

tayhoff
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I was in the same situation lol. I had to use my friends computer. They signed me up on plenty of fish

Quoting eatyourveges:

I signed up for online dating, but I don't have internet at home yet (it's on my to-do list but I don't use it often so I'm trying to save money where I can haha) and it's blocked at work!! So I can only check it every other weekend while I'm visiting my parents haha

Quoting tayhoff:

IloveBilly
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I was working at Wendys restaurant to help pay for college and he was the night shift manager there. Needless to say, we werent suppose to date but we did and fell in love and got married very shortly after.

PhantomsFairie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Online. Nothing special. It was funny how after we started really talking we found out we had friends in common!

Mrs.Pete
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM
My dh, was friends with me and my ex. My ex and I had planned on having a baby (we had been together for 5 years at this point) Not even a month into the pregnancy, he left me. My dh was a dear friend and helped me through a lot. He started going with me to my doc appointments. We fell in live. Fastforward 6 years, we are married and he adopted our daughter. He is the only daddy she knows, and the best daddy I have ever met. P.s. I was the type of girl who said I'd NEVER date an ex's friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM

at prom my sophomore his junior year.  a big group of us went to dinner together.  i was dating someone else, he was dating someone else.  about 5 months later we started dating (after breaking up with our current dates that is.  lol)

eatyourveges
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:33 PM

That's such an amazing story; it must have been so hard at the beginning but DH sounds like an amazing man!!! Congrats!!!  Does he have a brother? lol

Quoting Mrs.Pete:

My dh, was friends with me and my ex. My ex and I had planned on having a baby (we had been together for 5 years at this point) Not even a month into the pregnancy, he left me. My dh was a dear friend and helped me through a lot. He started going with me to my doc appointments. We fell in live. Fastforward 6 years, we are married and he adopted our daughter. He is the only daddy she knows, and the best daddy I have ever met. P.s. I was the type of girl who said I'd NEVER date an ex's friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)