Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love it when my DH's friends stick up for me.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM
  • 19 Replies

Now first off you have to understand my husband is cheap...not thrifty just cheap lol. He absolutely won't spend money on something he doesn't deem necessary, and I don't blame him 99% of the time. I love that he doesn't go out and waste money unnecessarily.

But right now I NEED a car. I had a subaru that got stolen out of our garage. It was our only car at that point because DH's broke down and he wouldn't fix it so he junked it. I told him just to let me talk to one of the sales guys at work (I work at a car dealership) and see what they can find me. We HAVE the money for a new car even without taxes (not something as nice but still something) he just doesn't want to spend it.

I'm not looking for anything expensive or really nice but big enough to fit 2 kids in and reliable. Right now DH is driving a 79 boneville that is pretty much falling apart.

Well we went last night so his friend that does alot of work on cars as a side job could fix a wire that busted in the column of his car. He needs to replace the column but he won't buy a new one and can't find a used one.

Anyways he has a conversation with his friend that goes like this. We will call his friend M.

M: So i'm going to tell you this because you are my friend and I care about you but I care about your wife more (as he puts his arm playfully around my waist)...you need to buy your wife a fucking car.

DH: (starts to say somthing but gets cut off)

M: No im not talking a pos like you buy...something reliable that if she needed to drive to california and back tomorrow she could leave and not even worry about making it there.

DH: Well we will be getting our taxes back and we will see what I can find.

M: No there is no seeing what you will find you will buy her a fucking car.

M (to me): Steph let me ask you something...when was the last time you put out?

Me: Um...what does that have to do with anything?

M: Just answer the question

Me: Twice on saturday and once on sunday...why?

M (to DH): you need to go buy her a fucking car TOMORROW...or I can guarantee you, she will get sick of your cheap ass and start fucking someone who will.

(I am hysterically laughing at this point)

M (to DH): You know what? My wife hasn't put out in almost 3 months and she just got a new truck, if my wife gave it up as much as yours does she would go out to a car lot and pick out whatever she wants. Hell she would get anything and everything she wants.

Me to M: Does that really work? Getting whatever I want for putting out?

M: Hell yes it works...at least its supposed to.

LOL I laughed sooo hard. It was all in good fun and we joke around all the time (like M calls me his old lady whenever I see him and I always say "im not old and im not your lady") lol.

It was just refreshing to see someone else saying the same things that I have been...maybe it will make it through his head and I will get a car!

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommymegan06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

hahahahahahahah hold out till u get a car hahahaha what a nice friend to have on ur side.. sadly my dh will listen to his freinds about stuff like this rather than me lol

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM

good luck! My friend claims she has 4 husbands. lol One of them is mine. He is the husband who is willing to work on cars. 

oboe_chik
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Quoting mommymegan06:

hahahahahahahah hold out till u get a car hahahaha what a nice friend to have on ur side.. sadly my dh will listen to his freinds about stuff like this rather than me lol

LOL yea that is one of his friends that I auctually like. DH knows I need a car...thats not a new earthshattering line of thinking...last time I said anything about it it was "well we will wait for a bit and see what gets traded in at Mikes lot (a friend of his dads owns a car lot in town that we bought the subaru from) after people start getting their taxes back and start trading in cars and we will go from there"

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

oboe_chik
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Quoting nebcutie:

good luck! My friend claims she has 4 husbands. lol One of them is mine. He is the husband who is willing to work on cars. 

LMAO yea I kinda feel like that too. I always joke with M that eventually he does so much work on our cars that beer just isn't going to be enough anymore and i'll have to start blowing him.

TexasWife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:35 PM

that conversation made me laugh

oboe_chik
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Quoting TexasWife:

that conversation made me laugh

LOL yea I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face. He always says it like it is and isn't afraid to speak his mind.

Mrs.Murray27
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM

god i hope he gets you that car! he better! or he won't be seein the sun shine no more! lmao

rosemagic01
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I don't put out often and I get everything I want. Well that we can reasonably afford! But if I want something like a house there's a plan put in place. Took us two years to get a house but I got it. 

Your man needs to give you a 'fucking car'.

oboe_chik
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Quoting Mrs.Murray27:

god i hope he gets you that car! he better! or he won't be seein the sun shine no more! lmao

LMAO I think he saw the light bulb over my head click on like "damn I've been doing this wrong...time to fix it and at least get something for putting out" lol.

TiDyedSunriseLZ
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Lol! Sometimes men's practicality has the opposite effect! Better hold out for that car! Sometimes they have to hear it from someone else, unfortunately!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)