Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should a convicted child molester have their children?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:46 PM
  • 22 Replies
Backstory ::

a friend of mine has two children with a convicted sex offender. She did not find this out until after her and her childrens father split up. The county police told her about it 6 months after they split when the childs father was going under his yearly evaluation.

Now, my friend filed for full custody to protect her children. Childs father has a good lawyer that is saying although he committed a serious crime, he is rehibilitated, and learned his lesson.

The crime he was convicted for was licking a 6 year olds vagina.

What do you ladies think? Should sex offenders have their children? Should they see them supervised? Can sec offenders ever be "cured"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterflymomss
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM
no to all the ?'s
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofone725
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM

i don't think a child molester can be in contact with any children. in fact i believe that if a female sex offender gives birth to any children they will be taken away

Elizabethmo2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM

wow! umm I would say no to all of the questions also I don't think something that is a mental issue is ever cured, it is something that you would have to learn to control and considering how extreme it is I would say def not!

sweettigeress
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM

No.

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:51 PM
To me it would depend on the offense for him no for some guy or girl that was over 18 and willingly had sex with a person right under the age limit and someone got pissed and pressed charges and they are now labeled sex offender for life and then has kids then I wouldn't see a prob with it I hope this makes sence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkly3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:51 PM

No custody and supervised visitation. However I hope that guy and that crock lawyer rot in hell for what they are/have done. I don't think a pedophile can be rehabilated successfully. I hope your friend wins the case and that creep won't get unsupervised visitation.

mykidmylife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I think it depends on the crime.  If it involved children they should ALWAYS be supervised when it comes to kids.. theirs or not.  Most pedophiles if they act on it once, given the chance they will do it again.  And a large percent actually start with their own children or children they are close to.

ikesmommy200
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM
I would be weary. I was molested as a child, pretty similar crime, and I was not the first or the last. He has been convicted 4 times for 7 children he molested. He usually went after siblings, so that's why there's a difference in he numbers. I just know that it's hard to rehab sex offenders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wilesmomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:53 PM
No fucking way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmiesmommy1113
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:53 PM

F*cking disgusting.......

No, no, no, and no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)