Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner at the table

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM
  • 28 Replies
Do you do it?

Is it important to you?

Is that how you were raised?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2twins9909
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:37 PM

We don't have a table..lol.

We are getting one soon. It's important..sort of. We were raised to sit at the table, but then one day the sitting at the table as a family didn't happen anymore.

steffielou_who
by Stefanie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

My boys & I eat at the table every night but DH eats at his computer.. I wasn't raised like that.. We ate at the table on holidays and that's it but I wanted my boys to be raised like that..

ChancesMommy07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

We eat there every night. Its very important to both me and my husband since we were both raised that way.

ambcutie24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

No we don't eat at the table often

estrada_m0mmy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Yes. It's a must in my home. Every night. I have four girls && I want them to be able to be honest && open with us about EVERYTHING. So everynight at dinner we sit at the table as a family && talk about our day. Well the kids do the talking. I'm a SAHM so they pretty much know my day lol.
I was raised by a single mother so I cooked dinner in our house. We all had dinner where ever we wanted.
It is very important to me for us to eat as a family. So no matter our stress of the day or death in the family. We all know it will be a little better after or with dinner. We can laugh && joke while filling our bellies with home cooked food. =0)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM

We do...but lately we haven't. When the baby starts eating table foods we'll start eating at the table again. And no...that's not how I was raised.

LaineysMomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM

absolutely! every night...no matter how loud it gets...lol

estrada_m0mmy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM
LOL our table can be pretty loud to!!!

Quoting LaineysMomma:

absolutely! every night...no matter how loud it gets...lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaydensMommy007
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM

yes, we eat dinner as a family every night. Even when DF isnt home, Hayden and I eat at the table together. It is very important to us and no, I was not raised that way.

clearascrystal
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

sometimes, not every day. My family ate dinner really late growing up at 8 pm. We usually have dinner by 6 in my household and I would like for us to sit down at the table together but my husband never wants to bc his parents made him sit at the table as a child. And we just have a folding table and crappy chairs. Would love a dining room table some day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)