Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many single moms?????

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:43 PM
  • 16 Replies

I was wondering how many of u single moms signed up to be single moms????

I have two wonderful DD  ages 7&4 they are by different men..I never wanted to be going at this alone,,I do have a SO but we've been together for 7months and he has a DD as well and we don't live together he stays when his DD aint home and we all do stuff together on the weekend but still I'm doing this all alone, and today while buy new glasses for my DD and lugging them both around I just kept thinking I never signed up to do this alone..which brought me to my questioning...

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gastromama2007
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM
I was a single mom...

But who in the hell "signs up for that" like is there a sign up sheet lol?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkpinkpink
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM

sorry but glad u got a giggle out of it, I mean who would of thought they would of ended up being a single mom???

Quoting Gastromama2007:

I was a single mom...

Gastromama2007
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM
Nobody wants to be a single mama, I dont think it's in anyones plans, sorry I giggled, it made me laugh, I know that wasn't your intention and I'm sorry if I offended you!!

Quoting pinkpinkpink:

sorry but glad u got a giggle out of it, I mean who would of thought they would of ended up being a single mom???

Quoting Gastromama2007:

I was a single mom...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charli627
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM
Well with my first, after his dad confessed he had a gf and she was pregnant I knew I was alone. Before that no.
I was engaged to my dd1 father, but he left me cause he's waiting for his ex to turn back heterosexual. She's a lesbian now.
I thought I was going to be alone forever but my DH confess his love for me (we had been friends three years at the time) and we got together and got married then had a DD. So one day either you and your bf might get married and you won't be a single mom anymore. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelbabii407
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:32 PM
I know someone that signed up to be a single mom. She went to a fertility clinic and chose a sperm donor (literally) and was impregnated. She is one of the best moms I know! Her daughter is adorable and they are both extremely happy!

I personally did not plan on being a single mom. I was married to ds father for almost 2 years. But it just wasn't working. I love having my son and wouldn't trade him for anything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytons_Mama09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:32 PM
I'm a single mommy to a beautiful 17 month old daughter. I am ok with it right now as I am concentrating on my career. I just started my internship and will be doing that for 5 weeks and then will be looking for a job in the medical field.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelcpoo101010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Im a single mama of 2 kids. Ages 1 & 3. I never thought when preg with my first I'd be doing it alone, I was also young and blind to the truth... both my kids have a diff dad, and i was never in a relationship with my 2nd's dad, he was more of a "hook up"... I've been with my SO for 4 months now, and although we haven't been together for long we both know for a fact we've found the ONE. He can't have kids of his own, and loves kids, so he's a huge help with them. We live in the same apt complex and he acts just like the kids father, but I still feel like I'm in it alone a lot of the times.... I think I've finally gotten past the part of feeling pitty for myself for not being with 1st kids dad, I'm just thankful for the life we have now...

Krissy21
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I've been a single mom since my son was born 10 years ago but I wouldn't be in June! :)

KailesMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I'm a single mom to an almost 3yr old. I was her "father" for a little over 3yrs and were talking about getting married. I was on birth control and it worked great for 4yrs,  no problem. But I got sick and was on meds for the bad cold, no one told me and I didn't know it could mess with the birth control and I started feeling better and really really wanted it. Lol Well 3 months later I was in the hospital and they were telling me I needed and emergency gal bladder removal and then that I was prego.....I was just like I need surgery and now I'm prego? How does that work and they told me....Well once I was 6months along, he cheated and left me....He doesn't want to see her or anything. And I have been single since.

pinkpinkpink
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM

It didn't offend me at all, I needed to laugh at myself for a minute stressful day...

Quoting Gastromama2007:

Nobody wants to be a single mama, I dont think it's in anyones plans, sorry I giggled, it made me laugh, I know that wasn't your intention and I'm sorry if I offended you!!

Quoting pinkpinkpink:

Quoting Gastromama2007:

I was a single mom...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)