Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM
  • 15 Replies

Had someone at a store ask you to watch their basket? If so, did you? Well what if someone was to come take something out their basket? What are you going to do?

My cousin had this below as his FB status!

Why do people walk up to me and ask me "Excuse me -- can you keep an eye on my so and so while I run to the restroom?" everywhere I go people ask me that. Am I one of those "Safe" brothers who wont steal it? As well, what exactly am I to do if somebody steals his laptop? Point and yell "HEY! PUT THAT DOWN! STOP! THIEF!" and resume my activity? I refuse to get shot protecting somebody else's shit.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2twins9909
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Yea some lady asked me if I could watch her basket and her purse at walmart. I had a cart and the kids in the stroller myself.

Did I? No..lol. I gave her a you must be crazy look and kept goin.

maliya0608
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM
Hmmmmm...nobody has ever asked me before. I might do it depending on the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaivonsMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Wow, no one ever asked me that and if they did I probably would give them a crazy look and walk away. Like you said I aint getting shot protecting someone elses shit, no way aint worth it! Especially where i live, people are crazy. You can get shot just by looking at someone wrong lol.

Miss-B
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:20 PM

LOL you meanie!

Quoting mom2twins9909:

Yea some lady asked me if I could watch her basket and her purse at walmart. I had a cart and the kids in the stroller myself.

Did I? No..lol. I gave her a you must be crazy look and kept goin.

Miss-B
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM

LMBO my cousin said he not getting shot. Girl I died laughing!

Quoting JaivonsMommy:

Wow, no one ever asked me that and if they did I probably would give them a crazy look and walk away. Like you said I aint getting shot protecting someone elses shit, no way aint worth it! Especially where i live, people are crazy. You can get shot just by looking at someone wrong lol.

sweettigeress
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM

no..and thank God no one has because they wouldn't ask me again. I'd walk off. lol! As for someone taking something out of their basket...let them. the person who abandoned their cart can get another one. not my responsibility to cart sit someone else's groceries. 

LivinDeadGurl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:22 PM

No, but one woman asked me to watch her baby!

Seriously. I was in the grocery store and she had a baby in the cart. She was like, "I have to pee really bad and can't take her with me. Can you watch her?".

sweettigeress
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:23 PM

did you?

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Seriously. I was in the grocery store and she had a baby in the cart. She was like, "I have to pee really bad and can't take her with me. Can you watch her?".

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

LivinDeadGurl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Nope. She ended up bringing her in with her.

Quoting sweettigeress:

did you?

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

2_boys_1_girl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM

I have had somebody ask me to watch their cart before, and told them I would and then as soon as they were gone so was I, lmao I know I'm horrible!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)