Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black, white, Hispanic....

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM
  • 47 Replies

Seriously, do each races have different ways they talk? Can you talk like a white person or a black person?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermarie2006
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I don't really think it depends on race, it's more the environment you grow up in.

spainsblueangel
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I don't really think it depends on race, it's more the environment you grow up in.

Miss-B
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Ok so if I was talking proper people would say she talks like a white girl.

missbrinleysmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM

this exactly

Quoting ambermarie2006:

LivinDeadGurl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM

No. I mean, you might live somewhere were most of the black people talk one way or most of the white people talk one way, but if it were really a RACE thing all of them would talk that way.

activitymode
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2twins9909
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Yup

Quoting ambermarie2006:

KBix
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM
I agree

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxxAthena
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM

well..i grew up in Albany Georgia..i am fluent in English, redneckanese and Ebonics lol...this doesn't mean every person in a certain race speaks this way but where I'm from you can tell a difference in each of the groups pretty well...there aren't many in each race that deviated from the different styles of talking in my area and i have had to be a translator on both of those to an Italian guy that moved down from Brooklyn lol..he spoke yankanese ;P

ReaOfSunshine
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Yes....but there are exceptions to the rule. I grew up in an urban environment but I was always told I "talk white" meaning I used proper english. *shrugs* I take it as a compliment now.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

"You could buy my slit for a pound a night, sir. I would not mind that. But I think you would not have it, sir. What I think you want is power over me, which I do bridle at." ~LIZZY BARRY

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)