Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nick names

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:47 PM
  • 15 Replies

Growing up did you have any nick names? and why was it that?

I was in gymnastics and everyone on the team had nick names, no one went by their real name. I was a small girl even for a gymnast so my nick name was little britches but everyone called me L.B. for short.

When I was 16 I was sitting in the parking lot of college ditching my class and smoking in my car (I drove a 73 nova ss) and I saw a boy drive up in a 74 chevy pick-up. I watched him get out and thought he was cute so I put my name, # and a kiss print on a piece of paper and put it under his windshield wiper. He called me and we started taking but he lost the piece of paper and forgot my name since we had only talked like 2ce. So I guess he started calling me "the nova chick" to his friends and it just stuck with me when I was around them that's what I was called.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshieNicole
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:52 PM
My Nickname sounds Naughty but its really not lol...when I was 13 I called my bff Jessica well her Senile Grandpa answered the phone and said "Jess isn't here right now who's calling" I said "AshLeigh" he said "alright Humphrey ill tell her u called"...she was sitting there the whole time thought it was hilarious shes called me Humphrey ever since well she shortened it to HUMP and a lot of people call me that now...I do get some strange looks when were out in public && someone yells HEY HUMP LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:57 PM

haha that's cute

daisysrdeadly
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I had one that a lot of my friends called me in high school which was Kill because my last name was Kilbourn and I was a tough bitch in high school. Some would also call me Daisy lol I am not 100% sure why but one guy called me it so some of my other friends would call me Daisy too. It was so funny because they are such opposites of each other.

melisawoosley
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 PM
They called me Lys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adulation
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Sunny

just because my mom wanted to call me that.

novachick
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM

my grandma always calls me sunshine

Quoting adulation:

Sunny

just because my mom wanted to call me that.

Renee02
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM

My nick name is Ney Ney..My real name is Rene'e..Nough said lol..I love it tho.

army_wifey_06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM

My name is Christina and I always went by that or Christy. One of my aunts always called me Christy Lou and another called me Chrissy.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:11 PM
Hubby calls me bunny cause I snuggle my nose into him lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:11 PM
Hubby calls me bunny cause I snuggle my nose into him lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)