Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

verizon is now AT&T??

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:00 PM
  • 23 Replies

http://www.att.com/mergers/divestverizon/

I'm thinking this may be a bad idea what do you ladies think. I have AT&T and like them i left verizon b/c i was paying alot more but with that said if AT&T owns most of the cell business what competition is going to keep their prices down.  You won't have anywhere else to turn there are very few providers that have service where i live.  Also what do those of you who are in a contract think about being moved to AT&T and not being able to get out of the contract??

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms.sophsmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM
I know alltel is going to be at&t soon... I'm alltel. Mayb its just in certain areas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I have tmobile for cell, Thankfully..LOL I don't care for AT&T... At least the office in my area.. They are ALL idiots.. I left them and switched to Verizon FIOS for my house phone, cable, and Internet..

If I had Verizon cell I would probably keep it until the contract was up(it said that at&t would let you keep your contract)and then find someone else..

august_baby_09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM

that might be how it is i'm not sure

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

I know alltel is going to be at&t soon... I'm alltel. Mayb its just in certain areas?

sahm_of_rj
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM

It's only in 79 areas throughout a handfull of states according to that site, and we're not in one of those areas!  YAY!  My DH's work phone is at&t and his service is awful, we have verizon for our personal service and love it 

august_baby_09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM

were you able to click on the link?? that page is from at&t and it says they are or maybe at least some is. and if not then how is it working maybe i just misunderstood it.

Quoting Mommavieve:

Lol. No at&t is not merging with Verizon.

army_wifey_06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:11 PM

I have Verizon and I sure hope they aren't merging with AT&T...I HATE AT&T. Only Verizon, US Cellular and Sprint get service where I live.

august_baby_09

do you know where i can look to see what areas are effected?

Quoting sahm_of_rj:

It's only in 79 areas throughout a handfull of states according to that site, and we're not in one of those areas!  YAY!  My DH's work phone is at&t and his service is awful, we have verizon for our personal service and love it 

sahm_of_rj

one of the tabs says "About the merger" and tells you in more detail who will be affected

Mommavieve
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:12 PM
I just read it. I think it's only in certain areas.

Quoting august_baby_09:

were you able to click on the link?? that page is from at&t and it says they are or maybe at least some is. and if not then how is it working maybe i just misunderstood it.

Quoting Mommavieve:

Lol. No at&t is not merging with Verizon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)