Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laptops suggestions.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:13 PM
  • 32 Replies
Hey ladies well im looking for a laptop mostly for school and just browsing. Idk much about them so im asking if you girls can reccomend me one thats not all that expensive maybe $600 or less. I would love to pay $500 or less but if theres a really good one ill pay a bit more. Thanks in advance!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dance13
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I have an Asus Eee PC. It is a netbook. I love it. It was 749 for the computer a case and the 3 year accidental warrenty.

NearSeattleMom
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:14 AM

I have a desktop . . . but here's a BUMP!

daisysrdeadly
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:15 AM

I have an HP that I got for around 600 - it is a really good computer but I have had some slight problems with it. I really loved my Toshiba satellite but that was about 4-5 years ago. I also had a Dell with no problems at all.

MommyLehr
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM

IDK I only have my desktop... so here is a bump

ShellGardner
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I say try Dell. Mine was an expensive Dell but I am sure they have cheaper ones. mine was 1400... but my desktop was 1800 and built by my hubby.  so uhh yeah we are kinda nerds that way.

rileysmomma614
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:19 AM

i have a deal. i'm not sure how much it was because my husband bought it for christmas. i haven't had any major problems with it. it's not all "high techy" like some, but it does the job. lol

TwinMommy2BE86
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Get a Dell , my ex got me mine for $500 . He's a computer kind of guy who actually worked for Dell . He says they are mediocre ,but the customer support is great .

supermom91
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:54 AM

i bought my toshiba at bestbuy for a little over 600

idk if theyre normally that price you should look into it..

i heard the acer netbook is great my bil just got one..

i gotta admit the speakers on that one sound way better than mine...

Dance13
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Toshiba's are great laptops we had one for years and it worked great never had a problem with it til the end. then it was problem after problem and best buy ended up just giving us a new computer because we sent it back so many times. But my Asus is really nice. all of my friends say that they want to get one for school use and internet browsing.

Zoeysmom09
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:23 AM

I love hp!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)