Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are people like this? (slight rant, some language, kinda long)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:32 AM
  • 4 Replies

Why do people thrive on drama, hurting other people, pretending they are perfect etc.? I hear people talk everyday about how "so and so" did this or that, and how "so and so" is doing this, yadda yadda yadda. It's not just on here, it's life all around (including every other internet forum/website, family, friends, etc.). Why can't people just learn to keep their mouth shut if they don't have something constructive or helpful to say? Why are so many people so obsessed with trying to tear down other people?

Then some of those people will turn around and act all "buddy buddy" and pretend like they never said anything bad about anyone, and how they are just this perfect freaking person. Why? Why can't people who do that shit at least own up to what they do behind other people's backs? I just don't get it. Why can't you either be a nice person and try to help people, offer advice, etc., or be a bitchy person and at least own up to being that way?

I just don't get it. I mean, I can understand maybe forgetting one particular thing that you say, it happens (especially if you're just blowing off steam in the heat of the moment or something), but if you're constantly talking about the same people and saying the same kinds of things, what is the point in trying to pretend like you didn't? If you feel ashamed or guilty for doing it, apologize! It's not THAT hard! Haha I guess the attacks on me are about to start now, but I really don't care. I just don't get all this crap.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TashaB82
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:01 AM
i agree. However Im not one to start or involve myself in drama so things are pretty good my way. people are rude and just dont care about hurting others feelings!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:09 AM

People sometimes tear down others to make themselves feel better. I know I am not perfect. I like to have fun but have gotten the wrath of people before who thought I was a terrible person for joking. It happens. I smile, wave , and move on. lol

AmyParent
by Amy on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:12 AM

I have not a clue....there are times of course  IRL where I've needed to vent about people and still be nice to that person.  It helps to get it off my chest and then be able to go on. 

Peacefulpanda
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:34 AM

I know people like that, and it does seem like they do it to try to make themselves look better than whoever they are talking about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)