Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im sure im not the only one.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:49 AM
  • 4 Replies
so i went to the grocery store with my mom last night, yes my fiance and i are currently living with my parents, and this elderly woman who was probably in her late 60's walked by me and my son as i was sitting down waiting for my mom and she shook her head at me. i looked at her funny then she proceeded to look at her husband, i assume he was her husband, and say in a (as stupid as this sounds) loud whisper "kids are having children so young these days." and kept shaking her head. if it wasnt for the fact that i was busy feeding ds, hes 3 months old, i would have stood up and confronted her. im 23 for heavens sake! i know my hair cut makes me look slightly younger than i really am, but my glasses make me look older (at least thats what ive been told). not that it really bothers me too much but people shouldnt just assume things... smh...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BFab11
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:55 AM

I look really young, too.  Don't let it get to you.  When I was 9 months pregnant I had an old woman go on for 5 minutes about how I didn't look older than 16.  I was like, "umm, thanks?"

As everyone always tells me, in 15 years you'll be glad you look younger than you are!

AugustMidge
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:56 AM

People are dumb!

LonnaG
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:57 AM

I would have said something, I don't let people get away with making comments about me that I can hear.

littlenikkidf
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:03 AM
i honestly dont mind that people think i look younger than i am, that just means when im in my 40s i wont look like im in my 40s. lol. i just wish old morons would assume things...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)