Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I overreacting? (Vent)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:38 AM
  • 2 Replies
I'm just shy of 35 weeks pregnant and feel like baby is gonna be here anytime. I get a call from my ex (we are trying to work it out) today and he asks how I would feel if he went back 'home' to FL for a week or so. He's apparently getting about a grand refund back and has yet to buy ANYTHING for his daughter. I spent ALL of my $900 refund on necessities like carseat, clothes, bassinet, etc. Not only this but he doesn't even have a car right now. On top of that, he would be staying with his dad who is living with friends at the moment because he lost his trailer. Yet, he assures me that if I went into labor that he would just change his ticket and hop on a plane to come back. I feel like he is being totally selfish and irresponsible. He is the only person I had to be there with me. My family wants nothing to do with our baby. I would much rather that he bought a ticket for his dad to come visit his FIRST grandchild. His dad is really excited as we are naming her after his mother. Should I be upset?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bellawomen
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:41 AM

uh...I would be mad but at the same time I think you need to see the red flag!  I agree, he should ask the grandpa to come to you!

oh and I would never name my child after the great-grandmother of her father who seems not to give a shit.  I wouldn't want to explain that when she is 13 and dad has never been around.

BEXi
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:23 AM
It's better for a dead beat dad to never see their child rather than to pop in and out at their own convenience.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)