Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

blind date....ekk

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:24 AM
  • 9 Replies
Never been on one. I had a friend text me and ask if I would like to go on a date with her fiances friend. I asked about him, he lives in the same manufactured home park I live in, he has a 3 year old boy (which is a plus, I know he wouldn't have a problem with my dd) he has a good job. I don't know how old he is or anything else except his name. Were supposed to go this weekend.

Would it be ok that I ask my friend and her df to double with us so its not so awkward, I tend to shut down in awkward situations. I haven't been out with a guys in a long time. I've been on one date since dd was born and she just turned 18 months.
Any advice on how to not be so nervous?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
fairymom2316
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I would ask and see if your friend wants to tag along with her fiancee, I think it would be a good ice breaker having them around =)

Good luck!

kirstn007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:15 PM

yes i would ask for the double date!

mom_of_one_2010
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM
That sounds like what I would do, just let her know that you are kinda shy and shut down in akward situations, good luck
Sweets27
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I think it would be more awkward to have a double date... I rather go out alone but that's me lol

Osstie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I think it's a great idea to double date.

Mrs.Murray27
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Not a bad idea to have them tag along! I know I'd feel that way too! Good luck! :)

Gastromama2007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:55 PM
I'd definately ask if they'd go for a double date. It cuts down on the awkwardness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:57 PM

I think having them tag along if you are more on the shy side would be a good idea at least maybe to a dinner... And then if you hit it off you can always go out after for drinks alone or later on another date!! Good Luck :) 

Peytons_Mama09
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Thanks. I just didn't want to feel like a loser cuz I'm "scared" to go out on a blind date. But you make me feel better about asking her. I was thinking maybe bowling and dinner or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)