Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your size or the scale...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM
  • 71 Replies
Define how you feel about yourself?

I'm a size 9-11, depending on the brand of jeans, but when i look at myself, I love the way I look. I'm curvy, and this is the first time I've felt "womanly"...I used to be very think, no hips, no boobs, no curves...and this is the heaviest I've ever been...but i like it, if it makes sense?

What about you? Do you let that scale or your jeans size define how you feel?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I go by my size. Id rather not look at a scale right now. I can tell ive been gaining weight because my pants are all getting a little snug. Thats when i know i have to work out and watch what i eat for awhile.

Lavanda
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Well lm concentrating on the scale getting my number down. I have been able to pull 2 pairs of jeans out of my " someday" drawer. Im almost back to pre baby 1 size but I'm about 25 lbs heavier because my weight is now distributed differently.
aamommy2011
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:21 AM

well, being pregnant. it kinda sucks seeing that number go up on the scale and my pants getting bigger. ive stayed the same weight for over 4 years. but i keep reminding myself that so far, im healthy, and so is my son.....

even now, when i go out sometimes, even to the drs, i try to dress good so that i see myself in the mirror and call myself a hot mama.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:22 AM
My size..depends on what clothes I can fit into...once I can wear my Silver brand jeans again I know I look good lol...thats a looonnng ways away tho!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigh24
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Right now its scale for me because I'm determined to be under 200. I do love trying on all my summer stuff and realizing its WAY too big (i lost 40lbs so far). I hate having to spend money on new everything but I love buying smaller things :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeAnaR
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:23 AM

I go by three things....the scale, my clothing size and how I feel about myself. They all play a part in my happiness. Just being honest.

JaivonsMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:25 AM
Both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3HappylKidds
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:26 AM

well i only step on the scale at the doctors office, i am in a jeans size 3 and i hate the way i look an feel. granted this is the smallest size ive ever been in, even before my first child i was in a 7, i just feel i have a lot of extra skin an i feel my hips are huge..

keismommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:28 AM

both b/c i dont like seeing more than 110 on the scale (119 now) but i also feel best in a certain jean size

MissC3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Yes I do. If I ever get above a size 5 I'd want to die. And size 5 is only acceptable right after I've had a baby. As far as weight...110 is way too much IMO for myself. I'm 5'2".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)