Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

female troubles , prob TMI .....(PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

but I need some advice . When I had my last son , we knew that we didt want any more kids , so I had them tie my tubs . I had refused to take any form of hormonal birth control for 2 years prier to getting prego with my 2ed son and I didt ever want to have to take it again . I dont want to put that stuff in my body , but to be sure I would never get pregnant again I had them tie my tubes bc my period was very irregular . Well , now Im having major problems . I spot (enough to need my diva cup) for 2 weeks , then when my actual period starts I bleed REALLY bad ! Like I can fill the diva cup in an hour or 2 which last's for a week , followed by ANOTHER week where its like a normal period . The doctor tells me now (which he failed to tell me B4 I had it done , even tho I asked) that some woman have very heavy , longer periods after they have there tubs tied and I might have to go on birth control pills to regulate it !! WHAT ?!?!?! Thats the WHOLE reason I had them tied to start with ! Does anyone know of any natural ways I can get it back to normal ? Supplements or super foods ? Anything that will help bc this is horrible . HORRIBLE ! I should also add that Im Breast feeding my 13 month old still , also .

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
katieclaude
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Try excersize. Getting your body moving, gets everything flowing on a natural rythm.

ChesterGirl
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I get LOTS of excersize actually , which seems to actually make it worse , while Im bleeding . I dance , do yoga and live my life a very old fashion way , which is TONS of work in its self .

Quoting katieclaude:

Try excersize. Getting your body moving, gets everything flowing on a natural rythm.

sweetheart5703
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I don't know what you could take other than the BC but make sure you drink plenty of fluids, because you don't want to get dehydrated. 

terrabiglieri
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Im sorry, they told my friend that too and I was like wth, that would be the whole reason id get my tubes tied so I wouldnt need hormones! Kinda the same way I feel about the two iud's one has hormones and one doesnt, why would I want the one with hormones in it when they are both 99.99% effective? My body doesnt do well with extra hormones. Id try what the other person said about exercise, usually when you do strenuous exercise it slows your period down. But then again you said your bf so you cant workout too hard. maybe start out slow and see what happens. When I got my iud my periods were crazy heavy for about 6 months before they are starting to get a little lighter and regulate, maybe your body needs to go through the same adjustment period, idk.

ChesterGirl
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:04 AM

This is only my 2ed period sense I had my son , so maybe my body does just need to get its stuff back togather , but man oh man . The thought that Ill be like this forever is terrible . I spend a month at the time bleeding and its NO FUN .

Quoting terrabiglieri:

Im sorry, they told my friend that too and I was like wth, that would be the whole reason id get my tubes tied so I wouldnt need hormones! Kinda the same way I feel about the two iud's one has hormones and one doesnt, why would I want the one with hormones in it when they are both 99.99% effective? My body doesnt do well with extra hormones. Id try what the other person said about exercise, usually when you do strenuous exercise it slows your period down. But then again you said your bf so you cant workout too hard. maybe start out slow and see what happens. When I got my iud my periods were crazy heavy for about 6 months before they are starting to get a little lighter and regulate, maybe your body needs to go through the same adjustment period, idk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)