Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LETS TRY THIS AGAIN

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM
  • 25 Replies
I posted about my MIL buying clothes that were too big...

I stated I didn't have any storage room...

Yet people kept telling me to "keep them for them to grow into"

Let me explain so it makes sense...

I live in a small house...

The only storage we have is the closets and under the bed.

My MIL buys clothes for the kids that are drastically too big... I keep requesting that she not do so, but she keeps insisting on buying them clothes. She always ask for the sizes, yet always get them wrong big time!

Their closets and dressers contain the clothes they currently wear... No extra room really.

Under the bed is organizers that contain shoes, books AND some of MIL oversized clothes.

I have 2 boxes sitting in my living room aswell, nowhere to put them!

It's NOT that I am UNGRATEFUL but I will be damned if I'm going to move just to store all the extra crap that doesn't fit.

How can I get her to stop...

What should I do...

And please do not say "store it for them to grow into" bc as I just re-explained... I have no room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyy2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:55 PM

donate em or go to a child re sell shop and make it clear to her what your doing with them because of the no room issue. Maybe she will stop.

LeAnaR

Gather them together and take them to a resale shop for instore credit to use at a later date. That way they are not cluttering up your house and you will have store credit to get clothes that actually fit them later on.

EthansMommy715

Maybe have her hang onto them until they fit?? Do you have an attic you can put them in? Thats all I got...sorry that sucks and annoying she doesn't listen! It is nice but I get where you are coming from!

mommyajay
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:56 PM
If she insists on bigger clothes ask her to store them or figure out what store and take them back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.stella.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM
take them to a consignment shop for clothes that ARE their size=)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VeteranMomof2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM

thats a good idea!

Quoting EthansMommy715:

Maybe have her hang onto them until they fit?? Do you have an attic you can put them in? Thats all I got...sorry that sucks and annoying she doesn't listen! It is nice but I get where you are coming from!

I'm Jillian. I'm 25. I am a CIO user, disposable diaper using, formula feeding, Nick Jr loving, anti abortion, circing mom.  I smoke.  I drink.  I spank.  I am sarcastic and a smart ass.  I have tattoos.  I  have piercings.  I am an Army Veteran.  I am a SAHM. I love my kids, my hubby and my dog. 

cadeesmommy0120
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Take them back and get ones that fit?  I've done that before.  

kleigh24

I actually have the same problem , I love my mil but she buys the kids clothes like 2 sizes too big and we live in  a trailer and no storage or shed yet so we have a lot of our stuff in our closets, we have no room in the closest for these clothes or in dressers. I keep telling her to hold off on buying clothes for now and she doesnt listen. She just brought over a trash bag full of new clothes for my dd when she doesnt even wear clothes. She's going through a naked phase and only wears clothes when we leave the house but mil keeps buying her clothes anyway. I have no advice cause I cant fix my problem. I just have to state I love my mil and am grateful she wants to buy the kids clothes but they dont have alot of money and i would rather see her use that money on something they need then buy kids clothes they cant wear for another two years

Bl3ss3dMommi
Have her store them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Box them up by size and take them back to her. Tell her you have no room for them so you want her to keep them until they can wear them.

Or take them to a resale shop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)