Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

To have alot of anxiety about delivery/birth? This is my first child. I am going to have a possible C-section if she does not turn because she is still breech. I'm really scared about that just because it's major surgery and you're awake for the whole entire thing. If I don't have to have a C-section and get to deliver vaginally I'm really scared about that because of the tears and pain and such. Is it normal to just kind of be in the mind set of "I dont even know if i can do this"??? I am trying to be strong and brave, but i am really really really really really REEEALLY scared! I am 3 weeks away from the due date.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amber.guest
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM
Totally normal. I haven't met a single person who wasn't at least a little worried. You will be worried with every delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Yes it's normal. You will be fine! You will be surprised at how much you can handle. You still have time for the baby to turn too..

MetalMamaBB
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:06 PM

It is completely normal to have the feelings that you do. Just remember that you are strong and you and your child will be surrounded by professionals that help deliver babies every day. Try to focus on positive things or simple things in particular like your favorite things you've picked out for your baby so far. Try not to stress yourself out. I completely know how you feel about the C-section...I had to have a C-section and I was also fearful but I didn't feel any pain what so ever during my procedure and I healed well. You WILL do great Mama! Hugs =)

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:12 PM
My first baby my dd was breach till about 15 mins before she was born. They though about trying to turn her manually (lots of lube on the belly and pushing to turn the baby) but she decided to turn and when she did my water broke and I got nervous and started puking and actually puked her out!! LoL!! And only had a small tear and 2 stitches and was up about 45 mins later in the shower. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DelphianSeraphi
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Of course it's totally normal. When I was pregnant  with my son, at first I was terrified, then I was just excited, then I was uncomfortable and ready for it to be over lol. But as it got closer to my due date I got more and more scared. Scared of a vaginal delivery, scared of possibly having a c section, scared of tearing, of being cut, of stitches and ALL of it! The truth of it is though that the birth of my son was the most AMAZING experience of my life. I had a vaginal delivery, I didn't tear but I was cut and had stitches. I was in labor for 28 hours! But it really was amazing. I know that no matter how you give birth it will be just as amazing for you =] 

mom2twins9909
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Yup, normal.

adove01
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:18 AM
Yes its normal and not just cause this is your first. I've had 4 and had the same thoughts every time. In fact in less than 2 weeks I'm going in for a hysterectomy, and I'm wound up like crazy about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyliesmom1185
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:11 AM

That makes me feel a little better! How did you ladies deal with your anxiety about the birth?

kyliesmom1185
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:11 AM

BUMP!

NewJoyOn1308
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Yes it is normal, anyone who says otherwise is lying. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)