Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dad's rights?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM
  • 16 Replies
What's your opinions. Do or should fathers have the same rights as moms? We go threw the pregnancy we choose to bf or bottle and often times courts lean towards the mom. What do you guys think? Do dads get shorted?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alyssaravensmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I think so. It's just as much the fathers child as it is the mothers. That's why before you plan to have a child you should reach an agreement on things you bothe feel strongly about.

mom2twins9909
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:31 PM

I agree!

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

I think so. It's just as much the fathers child as it is the mothers. That's why before you plan to have a child you should reach an agreement on things you bothe feel strongly about.

aamommy2011
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:32 PM

i think it really depends on the situation. most of the time is a matter of opinion that "moms a bad parent" or "dad doesnt do anything." but i think if both parents are legitimately good parents, then i think it should be equal. but i would never want my ex to have custody of our son just to spite me. he doesnt deserve him.

Corkie-
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:32 PM
Lol I feel as though the mom is more important imo, its selfish if you think about it, but I find moms are more caring then the guys. Once again imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyPooh0525
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:38 PM

It may be unfair and fathers may get shorted, but moms don't really have the option of opting out the situation. Women are the ones who stay around and have to deal with the pregnancy and the labor and emotional attachment. Statistically/traditionally, dads get shorted cuz they're the ones who aren't stable enough to care for the child. Every situation is different though

sweettigeress
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Depends on the situation. 

Gastromama2007
My sons dad shouldn't have the rights he does to my son. That is all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01

Men can choose to bf or not. Not from the breast but they can use breast milk. I do think a lot of guys do get shorted but I think a lot of guys ruin it for other men when they don't step up and it makes the very few of the good guys who would stand up and be amazing fathers get short changed without question! 

-AngelEyez-
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM

i Agree

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

RaLALA
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:45 PM
When my man pops a baby out,he can get on my level. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)