Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the craziest thing that happened during labor and delivery?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:15 PM
  • 60 Replies

Ok, I'm watching "One born every min." Sooo I have seen some REALLY funny/interesting things that have happened. 

SO what is the carziest thing that you have done or know that has happened while giving birth????

Mine was having a contraction and when the nurse's were pulling my legs to put them up and to get me ready and the doc came right at the time that the contraction got BAD and I almost kicked him in the face, although he did move, lol.....It would have been interesting if I had done it without him moving. lol

So lets hear them!!! 

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hrj75165
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM

i was sitting upp on the edge getting my epidural and th enurse that was holding my shoulders was wearing shoes that wernt water proof and as i had a contraction my water went all over her shoes... to this day i think why the hell would you wear shoes that wernt water proof knowing that this could happen!?!?

Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM

With my 3rd, I was laying on my side with my legs closed and when my water broke, it sprayed everywhere.  It was kind of funny.  Then, I was rolling over during a contraction and without pushing, my son was out.  Thank goodness I was laying on a bed! This was all within a few minutes.

KBix
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM
When they broke my water I was already delirious from pain, and all I kept saying was I need my pee pants changed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Well, I had a nervous breakdown, I almost punched my own stomach (after the 4th epidural wore off- I was out of it, didn't know I did this til afterwards- and I had to be told about it afterwards)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Root213
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:21 PM
My doctor looked like Fabio.. He said something out "something looking better". I thought he said "butter". So I yelled "fabio this isn't a butter commercial, just get him (my son) out!". He was a dick bc he didn't like me callng him fabio. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy4444
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM

my mom, brother, childs father, his father, his mother, his sister and her boyfriend, his other sister, and his BOSS, and about 4 nurses in training, 3 nurses and dr was in my delivery room when i delivered my son! Dr came in and said nobody in or out, and went straight to my pushing!!

Gastromama2007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM
I kept punching my legs when I got my epidural because I couldn't feel them lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel8508
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I remember professing my love to the anesthesiologist with my youngest son lol.

smurfbitebug
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Oh yeah I begged the nurses to let me get up and walk. I begged and begged like I had no pride, didn't even know what pride was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellarose1230
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:28 PM
With ds (youngest child) I was given a shot for pain that knocked me out. Well I guess I kept talking and kept saying I had to push. Well the dr was walking in the room and said ok start pushing. Well I guess I went to push and from what I understand I told the dr nevermind and if he wanted the baby out he could push ds out himself. I also told s/o that I was going to cut off his balls and feed them to the fly goats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)