Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My father is in the hospital

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

I found out Friday (on Facebook of all places) that my father and my uncle were in the hospital for heart issues. Both of them were supposed to be getting stents put in, but instead my uncle was just given some medication to try first and my father was instead scheduled for a quadruple bypass surgery. I can't go see him because I live 1500 miles away. I can't call because his girlfriend won't let me talk to him (she hates me). I did talk to him briefly yesterday because his doctor was in the room and his girlfriend wasn't. My dad's doctors all know me very well because from the time I was seven until I moved away at 17 I went to every doctor appointment with him. Even after I moved away I was close enough to be there for anything major, but this time I'm not. This is the first time my dad has been in the hospital that I'm not there. I knew my dad had to see the doctor on Friday, but I've been so busy dealing with my son's crazy doctor schedule lately that I forgot all about my dad. It's really scary because he doesn't seem that old, and there's no family history of heart problems.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KBix
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Hugs mama. I hope his surgery and recovery go well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 4:30 AM

im sorry

Mrs.Murray27
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 4:55 AM

I'm sorry mama, I hope he makes a full recovery *hugs*

mom2twins9909
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Quoting KBix:

Hugs mama. I hope his surgery and recovery go well.
aviatioNation
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Thanks everyone. *hugs*

My dad got out of surgery about two hours ago, but I haven't heard any updates since. The surgery went well and my aunt is there to see him. She'll update me when she can.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM

I hope everything turns out fine.

It's terrible that you found out on facebook of all places.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)