Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VERY UPSET WITH SCHOOL DISTRICT

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:52 AM
  • 1 Replies

I am just now  finding out last night that a little girl in my DD Prek class has H1N1 virus and is in critical condition!  This little girl is my daughters BFF and has been out of school since Thursday.  Im praying for her that she recovers from it.  There was a boy in our county who just died last week from it!  Im very angry that the school didnt even bother to send home a note to inform parents of the virus in our school.  "They couldn't release student info because of Federal Regulations"!!  Who the hell said they had to give out the baby girls information?!  All they had to do was send home a note stating that a student has been reported in the school to have the swine flu!  Im pondering whether or not to keep mhy DD home from school today and have her tested for it.  She has woke up every morning this week with a cough.  But its only in the mornings, she doesnt cough during the day, and my DS, 2yrs old, has been coughing and has runny  stuffy nose all week.  No fevers or anything bad.  None of us has been vaccinated for it this year.  So tell me mom's, am I overreacting by keeping my DD home from school today?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kleigh24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:43 AM

my son had it last year and it wasn't as big of a deal as they make it seem. The doctor told me they wouldn't even treat him for it because they rarely do. They told me only in extreme cases. They said by time most people have it and realize it they are already past the worst part of it. I know it sucks they didn't tell anyone and that seems really irresponsible but they probably didn't want everyone freaking out and pulling their kids out of school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)