Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:41 AM
  • 11 Replies

The kids and I are celebrating with Dr. Seuss books and coloring pages!

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."

Do you have a favorite Dr. Seuss quote?  What about a favorite book?

Courtney
♥Trenten(7) ♥Parker (4) and ♥Noah (2)♥

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kleigh24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:48 AM

sounds fun

Kool_Aide
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:50 AM

We had to decorate socks last night for crazy sock day at school and they had to bring a Dr. S book. The socks are cute. We used hot glue gun and put Dr. Suess toys, colorful cotton balls, etc. Super cute.

Very cute. I don't think I will do much today though with the little ones. I vowed this week that I was going to do....pretty much nothing. :)

mommyinindiana
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:54 AM
My little man likes green eggs and ham and one fish two fish red fish blue fish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beautiful_life
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:31 AM
My oldest dd is going to see his musical for a field trip on the 11
skinsfan26
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM

I'm going to my oldest's class tomorrow and read them a Dr. Seuss book for it.

DeagynsMommy09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM
My and my husbands favorite quote from Dr. Seuss is, "A person's a person no matter how small." It's our favorite, because it helps us reflect on our two very premature, deceased sons. They were both itty bitty, but they were still ours no matter their size. We took that on as our saying, because my husband's stepmom continued to tell us that they didn't count as our children, (even though they had birth and death certificates as well as ssn's). It took me having to print out large pictures of them and handing them to her for her to break down in tears and realize they were real. My husband has a Cat in the Hat tattoo on his left forearm. We plan on getting it finished when we have money for it, and getting that phrase put around it.

As for favorite book...I'm not real sure.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
DuckaDucka
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Too bad he actually hated kids ;) lol

JMKristy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:39 AM

My all time favorite quote is "don't cry b/c its over, smile b/c it happened." Thats actually been my headline on here for about a yr. now.

At my sons school, they are celebrating dr. seuss's bday all week with fun activities!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)