Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just a question, dont get mad!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:57 AM
  • 54 Replies
My sil has a little boy and lives with her hubby. They live with his mom and do not pay any rent or bills besides their cell phone bills. They get the medical card for their boy. Do you think this is wrong for her to do this when they both have jobs and their work offers insurance? They told me their paychecks they just use to do whatever they want with. Please no bashing, its just a question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skylersmom44
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:58 AM

sounds like its time for them to grow up and be responsible. Not very fair for his parents to cover the cost of raising them all.

ProudMamma1982
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:01 AM

im jealous lol...Nah i wouldnt feel right living off someone for free, or taking advantage of the system that way.

Kool_Aide
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:04 AM

I do think it's wrong. I think it's great that they have an opportunity to save and better their lives. But, from what your saying....it doesn't sound like they are doing that. They are using a source that they don't necessarily need and that's sad.

LyTe684
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Yes, IMO, it's wrong.

ginnyk87
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:05 AM
His parents even pay for their groceries. They get free hand outs all the time. They are always asking dh and I to go have dinner, but we don't have the money most of time!

Quoting skylersmom44:

sounds like its time for them to grow up and be responsible. Not very fair for his parents to cover the cost of raising them all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kleigh24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:06 AM

its sad that they can pay to live on their own and they choose to live with his mom bill free, its time to grow up

Momof4kids9621
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Yea I agree with skylers mom, but me dh's work offers ins and we just can't afford it he pays for himself but the rest of us have Medicaid. But we own our home and both my suv and my hubbys jeep are paid off! And we pay all our bills, we don't mooch off ppl. Sounds to manlike there mom needs to just give them the boot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:07 AM
This.. And I'd hate to do tht anyway. I like providing and having say cz its MY household tht I've created.

Quoting LyTe684:

Yes, IMO, it's wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BV88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Yes, that's wrong and SAD! It's time for mommy to grow some balls and tell them to piss off and pay their own stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Yes very wrong! They're abusing the system & must be lying about their income to get the insurance! They need to grow up & be responsible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)