Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would this piss you off?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:11 PM
  • 20 Replies

Okay so, my dh is a marine and with his job he travels pretty often. Sometimes for just a night, sometimes the whole weekend or even for a week or two. Every time he is on the road I never hear from him! It pisses me off beyond belief. I feel like he has this second life where the kids and I just dont exist. It's kind of like he leaves and forgets about us! It truly hurts my feelings. I give him shit everytime because he will be gone for a week but I MAYBE hear from him like once! Just last month he was on a trip for 10 days ...4 days went by and I heard nothing from him! I was livid. I understand that he is working and every once in a while might not be able to call but usually thats not an excuse! Just like on the last trip he went with another guy that works with him and his wife is on my facebook so I asked if she had been able to talk to him. She was like yep he has called me everyday, we dont talk long but he calls to just say hey and let me know he made it safe to where he was going! (that right there tells me that my dh has no excuse to not call me) I was completely heartbroken!! Finally after like 4-5 days he calls, I explained that I was upset and I know his friend has called his wife everyday and he was like I know he told me to use his phone card to call you...his excuse for not calling me is he didnt have a phone card...okay then why didnt you buy one? His response "i didnt think about it". I swear everytime he leaves he has SOME excuse! Im so sick of it!!!!!! Now he is on another trip, only for three days (supposed to come back today) and guess what? I havent heard two words from him since I dropped him off at work. WTF! Am I over reacting or would this upset you also?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucki_flip05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:14 PM
I'd be pissed that's just disrespectful, what if something happened with him or u and ur kids? He wouldn't know about it for however long. He has a family now he needs to step up and check in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Klbushman
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I would be LIVID!!!! You are his wife and the mother of his children. He should at least be calling to make sure everything is ok at home. My husband travels often to but he calls me EVERY night, sometimes morethan once. No, your expectation are completely reasonable and his excuses are not.

MommaOf2Boys10
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:18 PM

I get tired of telling him, bc I feel like im just bitching. And I know how much guys hate that! But seriously! Im so fed up about it! When I dropped him off at work, I even told him "do not forget to call me" ...his response "i dont know if I will be able to, but I will at least send you a message on facebook!" Guess what, I have not recieved any F'ing messages!!!!!! UGH! He comes home tonight and I should be excited but I am beyond pissed at him!

mommaticiakay
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM
You are totally justified in being pissed. I totally would be too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jezzeria
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Well it would...but at the same time it might not. Is his work marine work related? My dh isnt a marine but my brother and many friends are and i know sometimes its not that they dont wanna call they're just stressed or tired or honestly dont think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcbmami
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM

I would be beyond pissed and hurt!

Quoting lucki_flip05:

I'd be pissed that's just disrespectful, what if something happened with him or u and ur kids? He wouldn't know about it for however long. He has a family now he needs to step up and check in!

MommaOf2Boys10
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I dont know what exactly you mean by "marine work related" but if its what I think you might mean...no! His job basically he just flies in the airplane where ever they are going to and if something goes wrong (if something breaks, he fixes it ) But, while at their destination after working hours, he is just out hitting the bars and going out to dinner with the other guys that are with him. I know he has time, for example of what he does....once they went on a trip for like 2 weeks, 5 days outta that two weeks they stopped in Hawaii just to relax. wtf, what excuse would he have not to call me?

Quoting Jezzeria:

Well it would...but at the same time it might not. Is his work marine work related? My dh isnt a marine but my brother and many friends are and i know sometimes its not that they dont wanna call they're just stressed or tired or honestly dont think about it.

PaintedPanda
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I would be very upset, it's pretty much what Lucki said... It's disrespectful... and what if something happened.

There is no excuse for him not to call you, at least every other day to let you know that he's alive and to make sure the kids are alright.

I personally would be livid, but then again I have a very bad temper.

COWGIRLinPEARLs
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM
I think you are totally justified in your feelings. I know the Military is a tough thing to compete with, been there done that, but when he isnt even making an attempt to call you is bull. I was 17 when my bf started getting sent for training and etc with the army, i was in high school and even that play boy called me almost everyday when he was gone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Renee02
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:31 PM

My husband is Army..I can so relate about the whole they have to go off sometimes for days or weeks or months or a yr..My husband will call as soon as he gets the second too..We are ALWAYS on his priority list..BUT I DO NOT get mad if he is unable to call..He is a NCO so he has more responsibilities to look after the younger ones..So I do not expect him to call me every day or whatever..BUT he so would if he could and he will if he can..My husband is way different than urs obviously..I would get mad if the friend's hubby called his wife every day, etc..And IF I knew for a fact my husband wasn't busy and had time to call, yes I would be pissed as well..Anyways idk what else to say..You have tried telling ur DH on how u felt and then after that it is out of ur hands..I would have a seriously sit down talk with him when he gets back and try to get the truth out of him..I mean maybe he IS telling the truth BUT yes i would stil lget back because u would think you would be a priority..Anyways I guess go from there after the talk..Sry I wasnt much help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)