Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMS

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am possible fixing to have to quit my full time job and go to being a stay at home mom, well I have done that before and I was extremely depressed all the time. I have no family here other than my husbands and theyre so closed off I wouldnt go to visit them. How do you ladies stay sane? I need any advice I can get. It also makes me feel like a bad mom that I dont want to stay home all day with my kids, I feel trapped. HELP!!!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mothera2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Bump

MrsKuhn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Play dates!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mothera2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM

I live way out in the country and have no friends or family here :(

newmom0f2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM

playdates, open gym places for the kids (great for getting out extra energy!), parks, story time at the library.

mommaticiakay
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Get involved in community activites, playgroups, story hours at the library, dance or karate classes, etc. The more adult interaction you have the less crazy you'll feel. Just don't over do it, you'll need quiet at home time to stay balanced =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandonsmom2010
I am a sahm and its hard, I have the same problem where my family either is too far away or just really closed off! My husbands family doesn't help me at all! I talk to friends or watch tv give my DS toys let him play(he is 10 months old) it is very hard to stay sane but just cuz you're not comfortable staying home with them all day does NOT make u a bad mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq

I have been a SAHM since I started being a mom. I always feel trapped. I never have any adult interaction. My day to day life is cleaning up, taking care of the girls, cooking, and then starts all over again the next day. Why do I still do it?

I love my kids. I love being able to be with my kids every day. I love knowing that if one of them does something new, I will be able to see it. I love seeing how much they change every day. I love knowing that when my husband gets home from work, he will come home to a clean house and dinner. I tried working, I was in tears just about the entire way to work the first day. I almost turned around several times because I didn't want to leave my family.

This is just how I am though. Every person is different. The best way to deal with being a SAHM is to find a routine that works for you. After you find that routine, then it isn't so bad and so lonely.

junebug83
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM

play dates, groups and a good hobby. Find a book club or something like that.  A good hobby to helps. Mine saves/makes money so that helps us

mothera2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Thanks Ladies :)

Sam.Marie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:33 PM

this is me except i have 2 boys

also my hubby will watch the kids when he gets home from work if I want to go get something at the store so I can get a break from the kids.

Quoting ashleymosq:

I have been a SAHM since I started being a mom. I always feel trapped. I never have any adult interaction. My day to day life is cleaning up, taking care of the girls, cooking, and then starts all over again the next day. Why do I still do it?

I love my kids. I love being able to be with my kids every day. I love knowing that if one of them does something new, I will be able to see it. I love seeing how much they change every day. I love knowing that when my husband gets home from work, he will come home to a clean house and dinner. I tried working, I was in tears just about the entire way to work the first day. I almost turned around several times because I didn't want to leave my family.

This is just how I am though. Every person is different. The best way to deal with being a SAHM is to find a routine that works for you. After you find that routine, then it isn't so bad and so lonely.

glitter text

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)