Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby needs surgery again:( and its gonna be painful

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 4 year old has chronic severe sinus disease. He needs nasal sprays several times a day to function. He also gets BAD migraines and his sinues make them 10 times worse, his ent dr said hes seen very few cases as bad as my sons is, his are so shrunk in and narrow. his adenoids were also very big, so as a first step, we did tubes in the ears and adenoids removed this was backin october, he did very well and it was like he was a brand new kiddo again.  Before this surgery if he wasnt on an antibiotic he couldnt function, he has bee on way too many for way to long and it was a big fight with his pediatric doctor.

well the last month in a half its like we are worse off than what we were before, he got two sinus infections back to back they say 3 in a year for a kid his age is somewhat common, and in kids with my sons issue they say 4-5 he has surpassed this in 3 months, at first i was giving it time beczuse the weather is changing, one day its 60 degrees the next its like 30.

well now his nasal spray which he has always taken without issue and often asks for (he knows it helps him) hell it opens me up just giving it to him lol hurts him he crys when we have to take it, we tried saline soultion before the spray, we tried vasolene as per his ent suggestion, so he switched him to nasanex and it was even worse and actaully made him bleed.

So we have exhausted all other options and my baby needs to have his sinuses scraped, they dont like to do this on kids so little, because he will need to have it redone, its very very painful and my heart is acheing for him! we cant let him suffer like this, he cant live off of antibiotics, he doesnt deserve to be stuck in bed in a black room because his head hurts so bad. he is just barley even old enough that they will do it on him, and it most likely will need repated several times over the years:(

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AmericanChild82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Let's hope they knock him out so it won't frighten him. I'm so sorry your little man has to go through this. I'll be praying for you both and I hope the scraping helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juansmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:42 PM

thanx hun:)

AmericanChild82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Keep us posted on him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaethe
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:21 PM
im so sorry he is going through this. i hope it helps him once it is over. good luck to you and your little boy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Hugs! I hope it goes easy for both of you!

lenoxclan
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM

HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)