Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Locking the doors.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM
  • 9 Replies
I was just out and about and a bunch of stores in my city are closed Or going out of business. this scared me, it's like the whole city is shutting down because the economy here is still really bad and most everyone is out of a job. I'm so nervous that it's going to get even worse.. :(

ok, worry wart post over haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mtsmom1986
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:47 PM
There was a grocery store in the neighborhood I grew up in that just shut down about a week ago. No warning, nothing. We moved there 18 years ago (I've been gone for 6) but I know some of the people that worked there 18 years ago were still there. Can you imagine just showing up to work one day and bam! Sorry, no job! It's scary out there, I'm kinda glad my husband is military right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AaliyKattmomof2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:49 PM

my hubbie works for a pallet plant and every business needs them so when his work shuts down we are moving to another country!!!

mtsmom1986
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:51 PM
As long as grocery stores and places like Walmart are still around, you're set!

Quoting AaliyKattmomof2:

my hubbie works for a pallet plant and every business needs them so when his work shuts down we are moving to another country!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Freya.0609
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:51 PM
Thats here too just boom,sorry your out of a job. My hubs is military also but still,I was thinking about going back to work,but I don't see it happening now & I was super excited to work again. I feel so bad for those who are losing jobs daily :( it makes for a scary look on the future,especially for our kiddos! :(

Quoting mtsmom1986:

There was a grocery store in the neighborhood I grew up in that just shut down about a week ago. No warning, nothing. We moved there 18 years ago (I've been gone for 6) but I know some of the people that worked there 18 years ago were still there. Can you imagine just showing up to work one day and bam! Sorry, no job! It's scary out there, I'm kinda glad my husband is military right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Freya.0609
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:53 PM
I think wallie world will always be around lol. they have too many locations to go under.

Quoting mtsmom1986:

As long as grocery stores and places like Walmart are still around, you're set!

Quoting AaliyKattmomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mtsmom1986
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:54 PM
I work for a restaraunt chain, so I'm pretty well set, as long as I can transfer wherever we get stationed. Its not much, but its a job

Quoting Freya.0609:

Thats here too just boom,sorry your out of a job. My hubs is military also but still,I was thinking about going back to work,but I don't see it happening now & I was super excited to work again. I feel so bad for those who are losing jobs daily :( it makes for a scary look on the future,especially for our kiddos! :(

Quoting mtsmom1986:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melly_v88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:54 PM

meh. i live in a town like that. but it happened a LONG time ago. it's like a ghost town here.

xxxAthena
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM

i wasn't aware of how bad it was until i went back home and most of my friends are unemployed or cutting grass. i went to go to the flea market and it was shut down, when i had dinner with them all that night they said "well not all of us have money to be doing extra things like that"....i didn't think the flea market was really...extra KWIM.

xxxAthena
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:57 PM

mine is in too..im enlisting now to give us extra security..he gets out in 7 years..i don't want to even think about raising my then 9 year old out in the civilian world with all the stresses they have going on now.

Quoting Freya.0609:

Quoting mtsmom1986:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)