Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you have a date night with the hubs when ur budget is limited?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM
  • 22 Replies

we try to go out twice a month just he and I, even if its just to the resturant across the the street, this month our budget didnt allow for it, between us both working full time, me going to school and the kids stuff, the last thing we feel like doing is cooking, movies get old fast and its frezzing so i was wondering what do you all do when u get into a rut?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
busymom64064
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:57 PM

find someone that you can trade babysitting with and maybe do a romantic dinner at home with him? you could do the red box or maybe even watch an old dvd that you have laying around? hmmmm i have no other ideas lol

MomaFied
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:58 PM

make a fancy dinner at home with candles and wine or whatever u like to drink... put on low love music. dim the lights...

there are free wine tastings all around.

hmm...

childofthesun
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM

We pay a sitter and alternate w/ BIL and SIL. We take their kids one night for them and then they take ours on another night.

MissMandaz
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM

foodstamps.... we get the fixxins for what we want to eat and have a picnic by the lake... usually sandwhiches and fruit.. something healthy and simple..

MelaniesMama
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I dunno.  In the same dilema

MissMandaz
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Quoting MissMandaz:

foodstamps.... we get the fixxins for what we want to eat and have a picnic by the lake... usually sandwhiches and fruit.. something healthy and simple..

dayam, that wont help in the cold!!

MissMandaz
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:06 PM

we actually enjoy staying up after the kids go to bed and playing monopoly, clue, uno, chess, checkers.. my hubby has also ben creative enough to come up with a drinking game for cafemom..

LuvMyBaby22
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Do a themed dinner- Like a night in Paris (at home)- cook a beautiful meal and dress up (:

Tour a winery or brewery.

Dying to see a musical or play but can't afford the tickets? Call around to see if you can buy tickets to the dress rehearsal instead — you'll pay a fraction of the price for the same experience.

Find a drive-in movie theatre and spice up a normal movie night (:

Go to a bookstore together- show eachother your fav books or the ones you hated.

Visit a cookie or candy factory and see if they do tours. If they only do group tours, make it a group date and invite friends.

Do an indoor picnic if it is too cold to do one outside (:

Dark-N-Prego
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM

That's quite a dilemma. Even though ya'll are probably too tired to cook, I'd say maybe try cooking together. Make it a night in the kitchen, it can be something simple, just spending that time together can be worthwhile. Try playing board games like scrabble. Idk, that's what me and my bf do when we're low on funds.

RaLALA
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Babysitter,dollar movie from Redbox and a box-o-wine. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)