Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do your morals say about this?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:14 PM
  • 22 Replies
So me and SO have a pretty rocky relationship. He's an entrepreneur but not so great with handling his personal money. I lent him a small sum. A few days later I got the difference from my Pell and I invested half of it in him. Meanwhile he asked to borrow a lil more and I stupidly agreed. He has made more than enough to pay me back but still hasn't. He gave me money to pay my sitter because my cash aid hadn't came in (I had to reapply so I didn't get it till the end of the month). Well turns out I got it a week ago. He's had my ebt card so I wasn't able to check it. He says he checks everyday and nothing. I got my hands on it today and not only was there money on it but aside from the sitter money he gave me, there is money missing. Almost $100. I'm so fed up and on the brink of leaving. He likes to buy second hand electronics from a friend who repairs and sells computers for a living. I feel like going in and taking everything he has from that guy (I have my own key to his apt). At best I could get slightly more than what he owes me if I sell everything. What do you think? Should I just go and repo his crap if and most likely when I leave him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
becky-b
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Well him using your ebt card is acually a crime. But honey dont be with someone you can not trust :0( Good Luck and do what is best for you and the babies :0)

jacobsproudmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM
dont take it back. u will get in more legal trouble than u think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM

what is EBT?

Quoting becky-b:

Well him using your ebt card is acually a crime. But honey dont be with someone you can not trust :0( Good Luck and do what is best for you and the babies :0)

mandalouwhotn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I think you both sound very immature and have a lot of growing up to do for the sake of your child.

aamommy2011
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM

foodstamps card

Quoting sgt.youngs.wife:

what is EBT?

Quoting becky-b:

and i think if you go in and repo his things, you might get into alot of legal trouble......like stealing
. hope you figure something out

becky-b
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I forgot what it stands for but it is a debit card that you get your state benifits on like food stamps etc.....

Quoting sgt.youngs.wife:

what is EBT?

Quoting becky-b:

Smiles0305
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM
I would sue because he's taking from u setting u back and if u do anything other than that he might sue you or have u locked up. I suggest u start getting stuff in writing maybe send him a couple of emails asking for your money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coralbeth
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Yeah EBT Electronic Benefits ...

I lent him the card because I don't need the food stamps right now, and he took almost all my cash aid out.

Quoting becky-b:

I forgot what it stands for but it is a debit card that you get your state benifits on like food stamps etc.....

Quoting sgt.youngs.wife:

what is EBT?

Quoting becky-b:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReaOfSunshine
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Don't be childish about it. Demand your money back and never trust him with your card again. You have to accept partial blame for this as well. He might be jerking you around and stealing your money but you gave him permission to do it once so you are partially to blame if he took liberties this time. Stealing his things make him no better than you. Get your card back and take it as a lesson learned. You might also want to file a police report. They probably won't press charges because you gave him access to your money but its good to have it documented anyway. Leave him sooner than later

coralbeth
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM
You should grow up. It was just a question. Going to court wouldn't be the easiest thing since I am only free two days a week. It wouldn't be worth my time for that amount of money. Its the principle more than the fact that I can barely afford gas to get to school and work.

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

I think you both sound very immature and have a lot of growing up to do for the sake of your child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)