Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone dealt with this? Cyber-affair type thing?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

Has anyone ever found out their husband/SO was chatting with someone online? Someone they don't know in real life, that is. Flirting with them? Sharing sexy pictures, or something similar? Or have you ever done that while in a relationship? Just wondering your thoughts on that. Obviously most people probably don't think that's a good thing, but would that be something you would be willing to work on and get over, or is that a deal breaker? Do you consider that cheating?

Thanks.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaLALA
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noellabella27
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:56 PM

I have never dealt with that. With DF or myself. I  DO consider this cheating, but that's just me 

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:57 PM
It's cheating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkblue08
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM

my S/O ex-wife would always meet people online and cheat on him all the time.

Mrs.Murray27
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I don't think i would tolerate the online flirting and make it stop but I think that I would be more willing to work it out if it was a "cyber" incident over a physical incident. I'm sure the feeling of betrayal is just the same, so I don't really know why I'm biased, but I am. Also, cheating is breaking trust, that's what it's about...you make a commitment to stay faithful, and if you break that the trust is gone. So I feel it's the same in this case. If that line is crossed it could very well make someone feel like they have been cheated on. So to say the least...yes I'd be pissed. Never dealt with it, and I hopefully never will. But I'd be livid! 

alyssaravensmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I would not be ok with that. I would not be able to try to work it out with him. To me that is cheating and I wouldn't put up with it.

kyuteangl88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:13 PM

i dealt with this, it was a one time thing and i confronted both of them...i was super hurt, but in all reality nothing actually happened, we were able to work through it, and from that moment on i had access to every account he had.  i have never done that in this relationship, but in my previous relationship i did, my ex was a piece of shit, i needed a way to remove myself from the situation without actually leaving, i don't know if that makes any sense.

MamaPeanut
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM
I have never dealt with it nor have I done it.
I would certainly consider it cheating.
I honestly don't think I could work past it, but maybe with counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xcutxupxlovex24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:38 PM
its cheating. Its emotional cheating.....i went through it with dd father it took a long time and access to all internet accounts and being allowed to look through his phone anytime i wanted but we worked through it and are ok now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jezzeria
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM
I do consider it cheating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)