Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this happen to other young mommies?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Does this happen to any other young mommies?... When I got pregnant I moved back in with my parents for the help and support. Well since my daughter has been born it really makes me mad when we go out and people seem to think that MY daughter is their daughter.  When we end up going out to eat my dad carries her for me because she is getting so heavy and we have to take her in in the infant car seat… since it’s so heavy he carries her for me. When the waitress brings us the high chair or baby sling they sit it in between my parents. There was one time I said “She goes over her” and the girl looked at me like “Are you kidding me?”. Then there are times when I take Madalyn to the doctor and my mom goes with me because she works in the same hospital and it is just so much easier to have extra hands with me… especially when Madalyn LOVES seeing Grandma in the middle of the day. But when the doctor comes in she directs all the feedback to my mom! I’m like “Hello I’m her mother and whatever you do with her has to go through me so I suggest you talk to me”. I know more about my daughter then my mother does so I don’t know why she is even asking my mother the questions. I know I should just stop taking my mom with me but it helps me so much when she is there and Madalyn enjoys it so much.  I just wondered if any other young moms went through stuff like this. I mean it’s not like we are “Young Mommies”. I’m 21… and most moms nowadays are around their early 20’s… our angels just came a little earlier than others.  It just pushes my buttons sometimes and was wondering if it does the same to others….
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 5:21 PM
Replies (41-44):
blondenak
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 9:13 PM
I totally know the feeling, even when me, hubby and the kids go to dinner or shopping together, they look to my parents.  My parents, who now live in Salt Lake City, take the kids for the weekend all the time, and they are always getting comments on how cute "their" kids are, and they're like "Nope, grandkids, just spoiling them and then sending them home!"

The worst was when my little (although bigger than me) bro lived with us in Boise.  My oldest boy was about 1 1/2, my hubby was firefighting over the summer and out of town, so Rick did the shopping and
blondenak
I totally know the feeling, even when me, hubby and the kids go to dinner or shopping together, they look to my parents.  Helloo!!  You don't hear the kids calling ME Mommy??
My parents, who now live in Salt Lake City, take the kids for the weekend all the time, and they are always getting comments on how cute "their" kids are, and they're like "Nope, grandkids, just spoiling them and then sending them home!"

The worst was when my little (although bigger than me) bro lived with us in Boise.  My oldest boy was about 1 1/2, my hubby was firefighting over the summer and out of town, so Rick did the shopping and such with me, and there were a few clerks at the stores who would say "Oh, doesn't he look jus like his daddy?!" and I would say "NO!  He doesn't really look like his daddy, but he looks a little bit like his UNCLE!"
It's funny now! LOL
blondenak
I totally know the feeling, even when me, hubby and the kids go to dinner or shopping together, they look to my parents.  My parents, who now live in Salt Lake City, take the kids for the weekend all the time, and they are always getting comments on how cute "their" kids are, and they're like "Nope, grandkids, just spoiling them and then sending them home!"

The worst was when my little (although bigger than me) bro lived with us in Boise.  My oldest boy was about 1 1/2, my hubby was firefighting over the summer and out of town, so Rick did the shopping and such with
familygirl0585
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 9:16 PM
sorry hun i don't realy ever have that problem
but none the less ppl shouldn't be so close mined
and thinking we are too young to have kids
they really need to respect us more
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)