Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Ina Garten denies Make a Wish request....

Posted by   + Show Post

Celeb Chef -- Too Busy for 'Make-A-Wish' Kid

3/25/2011 12:35 AM PDT by TMZ Staff  

The Make-a-Wish Foundation had to break some bad news to a 6-year-old cancer patient this week ... when Food Network star Ina Garten informed them she was too busy to cook a meal with the boy ... TMZ has learned.

Ina Garten Enzo

A family member involved with the Make-A-Wish foundation tells us ... a little boy named Enzo was approached by the organization after he was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia three years ago.

Enzo told Make-A-Wish ... he really wanted to cook with the "Barefoot Contessa" host because he would often watch the show with his mother while resting in bed.

M.A.W. approached Garten with the wish last year ... but at the time, she was unable to meet with Enzo due to a book tour.  The organization urged Enzo to pick another wish, but he told them he wanted to wait until she becomes available.

We're told the organization went back to Ina this year ... but her team responded with a "definite no" ... once again, citing scheduling conflicts. 

A member of Enzo's family says the 6-year-old is heartbroken ... and asked parents, "Why doesn't she want to meet me?"

When we called Make-A-Wish for comment on this story, they told us, "From time to time, planning for wishes doesn't turn out as originally envisioned, despite people's best intentions and efforts throughout the wish-granting process."

They noted that Ina is a "good friend" of the foundation.

A rep for Garten tells us, "Despite her demanding schedule, [Ina] participates and helps as many organizations as she can throughout the year, helping children and adults like Enzo with life threatening and compromising illnesses.

The rep continues, "Unfortunately, as much as she would like to, it's absolutely impossible for her to grant every request she receives."

We're told Enzo has now made a new wish -- he wants to swim with dolphins ... and he's already taking lessons to make his dream come true.

by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
skinsfan26
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 1:11 AM

i love watching food network but i dislike Ina. she is too uptight, too high society. like her sh*t dont stink kinda thing

darlula
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 2:05 AM
what a biatch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2011 at 2:06 AM
You were what?!?!?! Can you elaborate? (If its not too traumatic of course)

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Eh.

Just like I don't have an obligation to send money to the starving children in Africa or St Jude's, she has no obligation to cook a meal with a sick child.

Sure, it would be nice of her but it doesn't makr her a God awful person because she doesn't want to.

She may truly be too busy. Maybe she had a parent with *insert random disease here* and she isn't comfortable being around a person with death looming in the future.

Nobody knows her situation but her.

My parents and I discussed how negatively I will be viewed at their funerals when I am absent.

Many of those people won't know that as a child I was nearly buried with my uncle and now have panic attacks anytime I am even asked if i am going to so and so's funeral.

Again,I don't know her situation. I don't think poorly of her at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army_wifey_06
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Aww that's sad!  I can't believe she wont make time for him :(

mommythree0508
by Member on Mar. 26, 2011 at 2:11 AM
Well that's the last time I watch her. Maybe if more people do the same she'll have a bit more free time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darlula
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 2:13 AM
LOL true!

I don`t watch her show but now I will EXTRA not watch it! haha

Quoting mommythree0508:

Well that's the last time I watch her. Maybe if more people do the same she'll have a bit more free time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous.
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 2:30 AM

i never liked watching her show, i think it's bs that she cant make time.

oh and she always seemed like a bitch to me. 

mom2twins9909
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 7:02 AM

Makes me dislike her even more.

mbrackett
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Wow, I used to like her....looks like a ton of people including me will never watch her show again...

AustinsMommy007
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2011 at 8:32 AM
Mar 26, 12:20 AM

Celeb Chefs to 'Wish' Kid -- We'll Cook With You!

Two TV chefs have stepped up to the plate -- and have offered to cook for a " Make-A-Wish " kid who was snubbed by " Barefoot Contessa " star Ina Garten ... TMZ has learned. Food Network star Beau MacMillan and " Iron Chef " Michael Symon are both reaching out to 6-year-old Enzo ... hoping they can fill the void Garten left after she turned down the kid's "wish" to cook a meal together. In fact, MacMillan tells us he's ready to fly Enzo and his entire family out to Arizona STAT -- put them up in a fancy resort and treat them all to a VIP dinner at his 5-star restaurant. MacMillan says he also wants to bring Enzo into the kitchen so they can prepare the meal together.   As for Symon -- the chef tells us he'll be in Enzo's home state of Oregon in the very near future and would be more than happy to swing by Enzo's house to "cook a dish" with him too. Bon appetit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN